I guess it's all over...

Triumphs rule :becky:! Rode this one out to Phoenix and had a blast. I have had a lot of bikes, some sportbikes, standards, Adventure Touring, and dualsports. I have ridden cross country numerous times on different bikes, and had a blast each time. Longest day was 1400 plus miles coming back from Big Bend National Park in Texas. Disclaimer, the 1400 plus mile day was on a Yamaha Super Tenere.

20150920_134920.jpg

Yep I agree to each his own , but rice burners don’t really appeal to me, I want/got a machine I can do 500 miles a day on after a hand full of back surgeries. My dyna wide glide’s under 650lbs with over 150fp of torque and sits like a recliner. All the bullet bikes I’ve seen spin out on the Dragons Tail..... that’s not my idea of fun but again , to each his own. I wouldn’t say “Bullet bikes suck” ; the wife and I just have more fun on Harleys , except when chics pull their shirts up lol. And I like dirt drags myself.

150FP of torque just doesn't sound right.

I’ve owned 3 Harleys. First they came out with the water cooled V-Rod, which made most Harley enthusiast question if we are competing with Japan. I have owned a couple of Jap bikes, and there is a serious reason that the term “Real Steel” was used back in the day. The Harley was truly “Real Steel”. My Harleys were bought back when there was a waiting list, after the AMC years, and I truly loved my bikes. I rode in all weather, and would never trailer my bike to a rally like a Rub. When I moved back to Georgia, I sold all of my bikes, simply because I cannot stand wearing a helmet. I haven’t ridden in 10 years due to being back in Georgia with the helmet law. Many folks think I’m crazy for not riding due to having to wear a helmet, but I couldn’t give 10 sh#$@s about there opinion, because they’ve probably gotten used to being controlled. Lol. But to make an electric Harley makes me wonder if they have finally fully sold out. I miss the Harley Davidsons I used to ride on poker runs, completely air cooled, without the State dictating if my brains were scrabbled in a wreck, or if I needed the helmet to look pretty for my funeral.
I’m sure there are some of the old shovel head guys out there that shake their heads at guys like me that bought their Harleys in the 90’s and early 2000’s. IMO, evolution of Harley Davidson has slowly digressed.

View attachment 2894999 IMO best of both worlds. Cruiser style with “jap bike” performance. 1700cc V4 with more power AND torque than you can ask for.
I like the V-Max a lot. And as far as the other post about torque , the skies the limit with a little tuning , porting/polishing , and balancing (I went Mild) . And it's still right close to just 103ci. I recommend Dyno Jet ; It would take that V Max to the next level without having an affect on reliability . I've almost bought a V Max several times :thumb:

That’s actually Blood Mountain but still 129 just a couple hindered miles south.
I grew up living at the Intersection of 129 and 180 near Vogel.

i rode 180 between Vogel and Suches all the time, for years, on a Honda Trail 90. Got it when I was 11 years old.

You can have a lot of Fun with 7 horsepower. we would ride 180 to suches and then take cooper creek dirt road back to owltown road and back up 129 home.

Then I got a Honda SL-175 twin.
Had a 11,000 rpm redline , very high for a 4 stroke back then.
with straight pipes it sounded awesome.

Back
Top Bottom