• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I guess it's all over...

The performance is ok, real life riding at 90 plus isn't that important to many, the price tag is ridiculous. Not that I'd buy one, pretty much regardless of the price.
Yeah the performance is way down the list to me. And when was performance really important to traditional Harley owners? If it was important they would've bought something else. As in water cooled, shaft driven maybe . Not to mention an inline 4 or so etching aside from a V twin.
See with Harleys it's like 1911s. We all know there's plenty of other more efficient makes and models out there. But you don't buy Harleys or 1911s to be the cutting edge modern technology guy. Cool goes it's own way.

How many hard core rumble rumble Harley owners would give a crap about a smooth electric scooter?
Harley Davidson is no different than most other companies in the world. Their demographics are changing. The old guys are dying and dead guys don't buy motorcycles much less ride them and buy parts and service. I digress.

Well damn for that price you might as well just buy a car or truck. Geez. way to take the cool factor out of it. HD was always thought of as being the Biker Gang Bikes. Could you imagine 12 guys rolling up on Electric Bikes. So intimidating. LOL
Well you probably wouldn't hear them rolling up on you. And if you can't hear a Harley for a mile or two what's the point.

Yeah the performance is way down the list to me. And when was performance really important to traditional Harley owners? If it was important they would've bought something else. As in water cooled, shaft driven maybe . Not to mention an inline 4 or so etching aside from a V twin.
See with Harleys it's like 1911s. We all know there's plenty of other more efficient makes and models out there. But you don't buy Harleys or 1911s to be the cutting edge modern technology guy. Cool goes it's own way.
Show me the inline 4's turning in 200+ mph 1/4 mile stats then we can talk.
Harley built the damn V-Rod for one reason, so they could compete in the NHRA Motorcycle drag series (All about CC's) CU not allowed. I've had Harleys Hondas Kawasaki's one Suzuki a BSA and a few other off breeds. Loved em all. Always loved my go fast didn't matter whos name was on it, it was mine.

Today’s Harley, next gen Harley and future Harley
62EF18E6-3B9E-4095-AE8F-A3173D7BB7A3.jpeg

7DD72AB5-C5B7-4F09-B149-ED1DA131F65A.jpeg

824EAD44-FDFC-43BA-9F2A-0B9CDDB428E2.jpeg

Harley Davidson is no different than most other companies in the world. Their demographics are changing. The old guys are dying and dead guys don't buy motorcycles much less ride them and buy parts and service. I digress.
Yeah and by now I'm pretty sure it's a publicly owned/traded company. That's the problem right there. Much like my rant about the homo Mustang crossover I see this hurting the value of the bikes if not the entire brand. Kinda like the quartz Rolex from the 80s. Nobody wanted them.
Maybe it's just me but there has to be some value or virtue in dying with dign6rather than going with the flow and dumbing it down for the masses. But again... probably a publicly owned company.
Not too long ago I saw an interview with Toby Keith on Fox News Sunday. He has made or is worth a BILLION dollars now. I don't like 99.5% of his music but that's beside the point. He used to do close to 200 shows a year. Now he's down to less than half of that. For one he doesn't have to tour that hard anymore. But when Chris Commie ********** Wallace asked him about it he said " These days the group's are playing that sorta hip hop country. And best of luck to them if they can make it big doing it. But I'm not doing that." There's a valuable lesson in his response.

Back
Top Bottom