• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I-16 shut down between Macon and Savannah

upload_2021-7-17_10-10-19.png

Saw an article that said the driver was charged with having an expired license .

I’m still gonna stick with my original guess that the driver is an immigrant .

if you’ve been to a truck stop lately , you’d see that about half the drivers are from communist soviet eastern European states and India .

We going down savannah the 15 next month for POAG conference, guess I’ll leave early as I’m sure it’ll take several months to fix!
We used to go to Florida on holiday weekends and usually took I-20 to Madison and down 441 to 16 to dodge the hours long traffic jam on 75 between Atlanta and Macon

441 won’t bring you back to 16 far enough down but I’m sure there’s another four lane that would .

wow that is terrible, how did it move the bridge 6 feet? That seems crazy to me.
Since there’s not a weigh station on 16 and since the un named driver had a expired license , I’m assuming he was overweight , and Probabaly speeding,
Possibly drunk or on drugs , since he was driving at 2:30 AM and didn’t notice his dump bed was up.

a truck weighing 90,000 lbs or more, hitting a bridge at 80 mph , is quite a bit of inertia .
The bridges are not bolted down, since they expand and contract several inches .
The bridge beams are just sitting on top of the support piers with gravity holding them.

Played golf with a trucker over the weekend that said the guys wife was giving an oral exam and the bed was lifted and unnoticed because he was preoccupied

Back
Top Bottom