• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting Rifle- Need a little advice and insight

Rzr570

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
Alright guys, I'm ready to upgrade my deer rifle and seek a little help. I'm currently slaying with a Tikka T-3 Lite Stainless in 270 WSM and on top is a Swarovski 2.5x10x56. I'm sticking with this caliber, although I'd entertain any strong arguments for others and this scope. Basically I'm looking to just upgrade the firearm. I was set on a Sako Tecomate, but they've halted production and currently aren't available and there's not an abundance of used ones. So obviously, high production rifles are okay, as we'll as lower end customs.... I wanna stay south of $2000. Oh yeah, the last bit... It would be really nice if it was available in LH.... As I've never owned a LH bolt and yes, I'm Left Handed. Sorry for the long posts, but thanks in advance for your help. Also, it's my first thread.

The Sako 85 series would be a step up. Same barrel as the T3, but a 3 lug bolt vs. a 2 lug bolt, beefier action and your wood choices will be better. I really wouldn't consider any other rifle under $2k given your parameters. The only other change I would make is switching over to a gentlemans caliber, and one that is more appropriate in a Finnish rifle...the 6.5x55 Swede of course. :D

i never come across any legitimate reason to NEED any more than a savage 110 for deer hunting. i can understand WANT, but not NEED.

Some folks like using higher quality equipment for it's obvious benefits. Not that the Honda won't get you to the beach, but the Masersati makes the trip more enjoyable.

2000 dollars for a hunting rifle??

Don`t let my baby,the 150 dollar mauser I have used for 35 years hear you. i told him he was the best there was for all these years, now he`ll get a complex.......

Now if I had 2000 dollars the wants, would be a long list.......good luck with your hunting.

Back
Top Bottom