• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much is too much?

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
Wife and I were talking the other day about finances and such, and how much money she'll get if I die.

I occurred to me that at some point I've crossed the threshold from her and my son being taken care of to incentive to kill me.

So I guess I have to be careful to choose what hill I'm willing to die on when we argue now smh

I ain't the least bit worried about that. I'm worth a good bit more alive and scratching out a living than dead.
What got me thinking about it is everytime I go to the Dr I feel like I'm one step closer to death. I have to make more changes otherwise in 10 years when I retire, I'm gonna be in really bad shape

What got me thinking about it is everytime I go to the Dr I feel like I'm one step closer to death. I have to make more changes otherwise in 10 years when I retire, I'm gonna be in really bad shape
The important thing here is that you can't just retire and then park your ass somewhere. You won't last no time doing that. All the old dudes ( I mean OLD) especially with plenty of money had something to do and a reason to get up every morning. I knew one old dude named Emmett that already had plenty of money but was still on the Houston Co towing call list. So his ancient ass would be up all hours of the day and night picking up wrecked cars and sweeping up busted glass in the road. But he did make plenty of money doing it.
So it's basically all about having something to do and not stagnating.
As for ME...well poors gotta keep on pooring. What else I'ma do?

The important thing here is that you can't just retire and then park your ass somewhere. You won't last no time doing that. All the old dudes ( I mean OLD) especially with plenty of money had something to do and a reason to get up every morning. I knew one old dude named Emmett that already had plenty of money but was still on the Houston Co towing call list. So his ancient ass would be up all hours of the day and night picking up wrecked cars and sweeping up busted glass in the road. But he did make plenty of money doing it.
Yeah I've noticed the oldtimers who seem healthy and happy are the ones who keep doing something to stay busy. The ones that retire and sit at home all day die.

This is another topic me and my wife have talked about pretty extensively. BC if I retire and be lethargic, I KNOW I'll wind up dead sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom