How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

how many?

Votes: 10 17.2%

Votes: 31 53.4%

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Psycho plus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No brushing. It gets rid of the taco taste.

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well it depends on how one defines "brushing". My kids used to like to try and brush for 10-30 seconds and then claim they had "brushed their teeth. The current typical dental recommendation is 2 minutes, two times a day.

Personally, each day I use a Sonicare tooth brush which is auto-timed to run for two minutes, and I use it 2-3 times in addition to flossing at least once.

If I used a non-powered toothbrush and only did it for one minute or less, then six times a day is not terribly crazy. If you are brushing properly (45 degree angle and 30 seconds per side) and using a good powered tooth brush, then I imagine 6 times a day would most likely do more harm than help.

That is nuts. The point of bushing is to remove the buildup of food debris and bacterial colonies that form plaque and biofilms that lead to tooth decay and gum infections. That takes 12 hrs to develop. So brushing six times a day or even after every meal is just irritating soft tissues and exposing them to more of the who-knows-what chemicals in the toothpaste.

Most likely she is fixated on the "clean feeling" and that is what she is trying to maintain. Does she have OCD tendencies?

Well it depends on how one defines "brushing". My kids used to like to try and brush for 10-30 seconds and then claim they had "brushed their teeth. The current typical dental recommendation is 2 minutes, two times a day.

Personally, each day I use a Sonicare tooth brush which is auto-timed to run for two minutes, and I use it 2-3 times in addition to flossing at least once.

If I used a non-powered toothbrush and only did it for one minute or less, then six times a day is not terribly crazy. If you are brushing properly (45 degree angle and 30 seconds per side) and using a good powered tooth brush, then I imagine 6 times a day would most likely do more harm than help.

You a dentist?? I never realized I needed so much technical information to brush my teeth. :becky:

Brush 3 times a day. Floss once a day.

minimum of twice but most days three times. Always has to be the first thing I do in the morning to get rid of that nasty slime feeling

We use sonicare and she goes two minutes each time. She goes through some brush heads.

Maybe she's simply into the vibrations...just saying ;)
ISeeWhatYouDidThere4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom