• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many primers do you have on-hand

Helped my brother find some Large Rifle primers this week. Amazing that small rifle are everywhere and large are non existent. Also seems to say a lot more 7.62 is being loaded for around the world than 5.56.

I hope I make it to y’all’s estate sales when y’all die 😂🤣😂. They never sell the guns but the do sell the accessories. Got some nice active shells at one this weekend that I haven’t seen in years!
went to a friends after he died, lots of powder for sale. told the estate Company they better let folks know that just cause it said the contents on the outside they better confirm. He was bad about buying bulk and repacking into whatever cans he had around the house. I'm betting they didn't.

went to a friends after he died, lots of powder for sale. told the estate Company they better let folks know that just cause it said the contents on the outside they better confirm. He was bad about buying bulk and repacking into whatever cans he had around the house. I'm betting they didn't.

I reuse containers as well but I take the wrapper off/ and or add a label when I do it

well i have one!! LRP left found it on the floor by my bench, must have drooped it years ago so i feel lucky ... hehehehe
Before the primer shortage, I could drop a primer in the trash can I keep under my press, or have to knock one out a bad case and would leave it. Now I recover every primer I can. Crawl around on the floor looking for one I dropped. I just can't throw a dime in the trash...

Rosewood

Helped my brother find some Large Rifle primers this week. Amazing that small rifle are everywhere and large are non existent. Also seems to say a lot more 7.62 is being loaded for around the world than 5.56.
I wonder if it is that the LR are being used so much, or that the manufacturers ramped up the SR to catch up with demand and are just not making as much LR. 9mm and .223/556 were the 1st cartridges to make it back on the shelves after the plandemic. Guessing those were the number one produced cartridges.

Rosewood

Well, as I understand it, Lake City don't manufacture primers, so with their 1.6 billion round/year manufacturing capacity, they're going to consume that many primers if they're at 100% production. Given that they're mainly producers of rifle calibers, there go a lot of rifle primers.

If the total production of rifle primers by CCI, Federal and Remington is 1.7 billion a year (it *could* be a lot more - some estimates are around 2.5 billion a year, but that would include pistol primers too) , you'll have plenty of primers available to the civilian market. If that production level falls by as little as 8% from that low level, there's NO product available for anyone other than Lake City.

Back
Top Bottom