• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How many musicians do we have?

Have you tried looking up some lessons on youtube? It helped me out.
Yea, but I haven't found anything so far that helps me improve the speed of my playing or to reduce my left hand's retardedness when it comes to chord changes. I know how to play the intros to a couple of songs now, but I can't get my chord progression down good enough for it to sound worth a damn. It always ends up disjointed or choppy.

Yea, but I haven't found anything so far that helps me improve the speed of my playing or to reduce my left hand's retardedness when it comes to chord changes. I know how to play the intros to a couple of songs now, but I can't get my chord progression down good enough for it to sound worth a damn. It always ends up disjointed or choppy.

Start with bar chords and practice alternate strumming. A lot of times if the progression sounds choppy it has to do with feel. Alternate picking/strumming will help you develop a smooth more precise motion and control for easier chord progressions

I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but my son, Sean, is a self taught drummer and guitar player. He's done it all, Country, Classic Rock, Oldies. Thankfully he has gotten out of that scene, and now plays Contemparary Christian. Pardon the very poor quality of this video, taken with my cell phone. The little guy with the plaid shirt is my grandson, has taught himself how to play the keyboard, and guitar, and performs at his church regularly. My son travels to area churches where he plays and leads worship, if anybody is interested P.M. me for details. The re are also several well known local performers in this video.
http://s663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/pogmothoinkm/?action=view&current=MOV00009.mp4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom