• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How many loaded mags do you keep on hand?

What does everyone keep their loaded mags in for a gunfight? I’m talking quick reaction like the church guy - just put a few in your pockets or are they in a pouch, chest rig, etc?
The chest rigs ride in my car I can grab em pretty quick. The plate carrier is more for when I'm training I don't always ride with one but sometime. The bandolier is best for my shorty 9
IMG_0735.JPG
IMG_4802.JPG
IMG_5305.JPG
IMG_6814.JPG

Best way to carry long gun mags is Gearcraft or similar kydex single magazine holders on your belt at the 9/8 o clock with an overshirt and a pistol mag more at the 10 counter weights pistol at the 3 well. Over shirt of course but one can achieve it. Looking like Denzel Washington in every movie ever

What does everyone keep their loaded mags in for a gunfight? I’m talking quick reaction like the church guy - just put a few in your pockets or are they in a pouch, chest rig, etc?
These are pretty awesome and well made. I have one each for my 300BK, Ar 15 and M1a. I have the 4 mag version for my 9mm carbine. It fits eight mags perfectly. I have four different colors, so there is no confusion as to what I'm grabbing. Each is staged near the weapon they are for.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939488989/midwayusa-8-magazine-pouch-ar-15-and-ak-47-rifle

media.midwayusa.com_productimages_880x660_Primary_844_844288.jpg

OK, so the good guy in Texas who returned fire used an AR15.

I'd never expect to have that situation come up, but then again who does? I keep 2 30 round mags loaded at all times and I always thought this was sufficient. Not so sure about that anymore? :shrug:

For my 1911 Officer's edc, I keep a 7 round and 2 8 round mags loaded, of course I top off +1 when I carry.

So how many mags do you keep loaded on hand and what's your thoughts? I don't want to be paranoid and armed and ready for all-out war, but I don't want to be under-prepared either.

I keep 2 for each gun that I own. My web-gear is fully stocked with a days Combat load for my AR -15, and my .9mm Beretta. Why, because this is how the Military taught me, and old habits are hard to break.

Back
Top Bottom