• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How many loaded mags do you keep on hand?

OK, so the good guy in Texas who returned fire used an AR15.

I'd never expect to have that situation come up, but then again who does? I keep 2 30 round mags loaded at all times and I always thought this was sufficient. Not so sure about that anymore? :shrug:

For my 1911 Officer's edc, I keep a 7 round and 2 8 round mags loaded, of course I top off +1 when I carry.

So how many mags do you keep loaded on hand and what's your thoughts? I don't want to be paranoid and armed and ready for all-out war, but I don't want to be under-prepared either.
All of them. :becky:

I keep 8 30 round and 6 17 round mags loaded and that's just in my vehicle for my Glock 17 and Glock compatible 9mm carbine. In my home I have around 50 plus loaded mags for my AR15, M1a and 300BK combined. I also keep 3 8 rounds mags for my Glock 43 on me at almost all times.

If I ever get killed in a shootout, it won't be because I run out of ammo or am having to be conservative with my return fire.

OK, so the good guy in Texas who returned fire used an AR15.

I'd never expect to have that situation come up, but then again who does? I keep 2 30 round mags loaded at all times and I always thought this was sufficient. Not so sure about that anymore? :shrug:

For my 1911 Officer's edc, I keep a 7 round and 2 8 round mags loaded, of course I top off +1 when I carry.

So how many mags do you keep loaded on hand and what's your thoughts? I don't want to be paranoid and armed and ready for all-out war, but I don't want to be under-prepared either.

Well, he had zero loaded so you're doing better than him and he still managed to save the day

I saw where it said he grabbed a handful of ammo or something to that effect. I assumed he actually grabbed a couple of mags but I wasn't sure.

He had to load the mags. I posted the video yesterday, but it got about 2% of the views that Bypass' "my bird is gone" thread received :doh:

Am I the only one who worries that the spring will go bad.

You're not the only one. It has crossed my mind.

There was a big "Do you store your mags loaded?" thread back in the day.

The general consensus in a nutshell was that springs wear out by compressing and releasing, not just compressing. Since then I've stored all my mags loaded.

I read it on ODT, it must be true!

Back
Top Bottom