• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How hard is replacing a dishwasher?

I did all of Rome Sears contract installs in the late 80s and early 90s, including dishwashers. Takes about 30-45 minutes give or take. Not a big deal, just 2 mounting screws, compression fitting, couple of wire nuts, ground screw, and drain connection. Like @BamaFan wrote, watch a few YouTube videos, and PM @jeff1012 or me if needed. Probably costs $200+ for labor these days.

Builder of my house ran solid oak flooring to the base of the unit, then installed a synthetic counter with a lip that allowed just enough space for the door to open. Ended up bringing in a farm jack to lift the counter top about an inch to give me enough room to wiggle the old unit out. I've put in several over the years, most are pretty easy. This last one sucked though, I'd have gladly paid a couple hunnert to save me the headache but most are a piece of cake.

Turn off power. Remove bottom panel under door to access wires. Disconnect wires. Turn off and Disconnect water supply and drain. If screwed into bottom of countertop then unscrew that. Slide old one out. Reverse for installation. Level it up. Should be done. Easy peasy.

Easy breezy. Depending on your current set up you might have to splice the power wires in. Some just plug in. Removing and installing is easy. The hardest part is leveling it, which isn't to say it's hard, but I'd say I spent more time leveling the new one then anything else.

As long as the new one is the same size, replacement will be super easy. 1 water supply line, 1 drain hose and plug it in.

Back
Top Bottom