• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How hard is replacing a dishwasher?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

How difficult is it to replace a dishwasher? Dishwasher lights up but won't run. Thought it was the interlock door switch, I replaced it, it was not. New control board is like 130 and if that doesn't fix it then I'm in replacements for 180 and still staring down the barrel of buying a new unit. It's old, and could stand to be replaced anyway. How hard is it? I have some mechanical knowledge and have fooled with basic piping under the sink and near the ac before. What would it cost to have somebody come out and install a new one.

Thanks!
Caleb

Watch a couple of youtube videos and you'll have the hang of it. The only problem I've seen more than once was when the builder ran flooring up to but not under the cabinets so the dw kind of sits in a hole. Makes it more challenging to get in and out. if you have formica countertops, tape over the edge real good with a few layers of painters tape and pull it off when done.

Watch a couple of youtube videos and you'll have the hang of it. The only problem I've seen more than once was when the builder ran flooring up to but not under the cabinets so the dw kind of sits in a hole. Makes it more challenging to get in and out. if you have formica countertops, tape over the edge real good with a few layers of painters tape and pull it off when done.
This is good advise!!

Back
Top Bottom