• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

how can i recieve an infraction for an add that was edited to correct the problem!

Who's right, ODT Staff or jamesthemechanic? (Please read the first 15 posts before vo

• ODT Staff!

Votes: 96 72.7%
  • jamesthemechanic!

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • TNT knows drama!

Votes: 18 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the price issue, if I want to entertain cash offers, I usually put a reasonable price and expect counter offers. If I want to move something without negotiations, I put a fair price and put "firm" on it. I just do not want all the drama of some posts on the ODT. I have sold or traded most of what I put on here. Most of the times when I see a "way out there price", I just move on. Mostly price is what I look at way before the details of the posts.

OK. Tell me that you HONESTLY think this has ANYTHING to do wqith "price fixing". Tell me that any reasonable, semi-intelligent person thinks that putting a million dollar "price" on nine 1964 Kennedy halves with a spot value of $100.56 is ANYTHING but a smartass comeback to being corrected for not posting a price to begin with. Tell me you believe that....I dare you.

You have no idea how many times we see the same thing from children throwing temper tantrums at having been told that they have to post some price or trade interest. It's so childish and petty that it's really hard to understand how a grown man can act that way without being ashamed to even show his face.

As for the price comments the first comment was "This is not ebay!" which considering his posted "price" in his original post was "offers today and tommorrow only", seems to me to be more of an accurate comment than a "negative price comment". Personally, I wouldn't have even deleted the ebay comment since it wasn't a price comment but a rules reminder.

I do agree that a price of one million dollars does seem somewhat childish, however something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. If people see an ad with that price and do not want to pay that much or make a lesser offer, then the item will not sell or the seller will lower his price to reflect the market's reaction. Going all big brother on an ad for any price posted is not necessary due to what I just explained.

If he wanted spot price, it would have been easy to state that in the ad, but he is looking for a buyer that wants them for more of a collector piece than just the metal content.

As for my comment about price bashing in threads, that pertains more so to other threads in the marketplace rather than this particular thread. I am not saying I fully agree with how the seller handled the situation, but any move to regulate prices on any item in the future based on this thread is a poor decision IMO.

When you see someone list a S&W Sigma for $500 and want so bad to make a remark about insanity, know that mods have most likely already dealt with half a dozen negative price comments defending that boobs right to his idiotic price. Whenever you see a thread with an insane price and a hundred views but no comments rest assured it's because mods have already deleted a dozen posts to clean thisa idjits thread up for him. When someone posts a million dollar price, INVITING smart ass comments about thier price they are NOT helping. Maybe we should see if OS will implement a modification of the rule to allow people to put moronic prices like a million dollars. In return I say we let people post any comment they want in the thread mocking the price. Seems like a fair trade-off...right?

There is an old saying in the Marine Corps. Every good Marine has at least one page 11(minor infractions) in their record book. I was issued an ODT infraction(kind of a page 11) for accidentally not putting a price on an item I listed. It is really not that big a deal, they will still let me be an ODT Junkie one day.

Welcome to the ODT bad boy's club!!

I regularly get infractions....presumably for my brash and crude comments. Its really not a big deal man. This place would be alot worse without mods.

there is no rule that says how much or little i can price my stuff, i edited my add per comment, complaint, and added a price, if you are telling me you can now control what i ask for my items , i want to see the rule , otherwise i violated no rule after i edited my add and i demand the infraction be corrected , or a statement be made telling all members you control what they can ask for an item

Good point. I got this infraction one day:

Private Reason: 0A. Negative Price Comment - Please do not make any negative price comments in the open forums, everyone is free to ask what they want for their items.

A million dollars isnt to unreasonable, no more unreasonable than a $ 600 used glock or a $500-600 keltec or $300-400 for a friggin knife. Who decides what is unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom