• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

House Bill H.R 8

First of all, I will never be owned by employment. You are nothing but a Slave if you will do blindly what you are told or commit acts that are against your morals. With that being said. Any traitor to the US Constitution that they swore to uphold, should die a traitor's death.

Yes. Hopefully that point never has to be proven but yes.

When I lived in Chicago I had to fill out a form that was mailed into the State Police Barracks every time I transferred a gun to or from a private individual.

Yup, and the recent Aurora shooter did all of that and still got a gun as a felon.

We all know the gun controllers want registration because it always leads to confiscation.. their end goal. They even say it sometimes when they think they have a discreet 'friendly' crowd. On the flip side if we say that these private transfer bills are simply a ruse to create a 'need' for registration, non-gun folks think we left out tinfoil at home.

That's why I don't even mention it when talking to non-gun people, or even gun people that aren't 'woke'. The best way to fight these is to point out how they turn innocent people into felons for simple, everyday acts like loaning a hunting rifle to a friend, or giving a 22 to a niece or nephew.

The one that seems to get traction is talking about how you and a housesitter would be felons if you left them in charge for 2 weeks and a day, even if all the guns were locked up in a safe they didn;t have a key to.

Heck, if you look at the Bloomberg boilerplate, just letting a friend shoot your gun on his own property is a felony, since it's not an 'approved shooting facility'.

We should list every member of Congress that drafted this and votes for it. I'm usually not a fan of a peaceful armed protest gathering but in this case it may be applicable. In front of each of their houses. Emphasis on peaceful. No chanting, camo or any of that dumb stuff. Just a couple signs that state our peaceful purpose and masses of silent armed citizens. Same with the state gov officials in every state that has passed or is considering one of these illegal red flag laws.

And of course we need to keep fighting in the legislative houses and the courts.

Response from Barry Loudermilk. Doesnt outright say he will vote against it. Seems to be some political double speak. Was hoping for more. Damn I have to get out of metro Atlanta. I called as well as emailed and referenced hr 1112 as well which isnt addressed.

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about H.R. 8, and universal background checks for firearm purchases. As your representative to the U.S. government, it is very important for me to know your thoughts on issues such as this.

As you may know, H.R. 8 was introduced by Congressman Mike Thompson (D-CA) on January 8, 2019, and was subsequently referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary for further action. This bill would require a background check for every firearm sale. As are most Americans, I am horrified when acts of evil are perpetrated on innocent American citizens. I have personally been a victim of gun violence, as I was shot at multiple times with a semi-automatic rifle at a Congressional baseball practice; and I have been through the horror of witnessing my friends and colleagues struggling for their lives after being wounded. As a gun owner and ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment, I have concerns with any legislation or political maneuvering that seeks to curb crime by taking away law abiding citizens' rights. At the same time, I recognize that the nation needs to have a frank conversation about the underlying factors that cause firearm related violence, and to work to find community-based solutions to keep families safe without restricting Americans' rights to 'keep and bear arms.'

While we must address the issue of violence in this nation, we should focus on the actual source of the violence which, in every case, is the perpetrator of the crime, not the weapon they choose. Furthermore, it is important to keep in mind the scope of the problem we are addressing, as less than one percent of firearms used in crimes were purchased without a background check, and criminals generally do not abide by firearm restrictions and regulations to begin with. As an elected representative of the people, I have taken an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the right to 'keep and bear arms' is clearly specified in the Second Amendment as a protected right of America's citizens. Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind should this bill come to the House floor for a vote.

Again, thank you for taking time to contact me about this important issue. Please feel free to contact me any time through my website at www.loudermilk.house.gov, or by calling one of my offices located in the 11th District and Washington, D.C.

Sincerely,
sig.jpg

Barry Loudermilk
Member of Congress
BL/AP

"At the same time, I recognize that the nation needs to have a frank conversation about the underlying factors that cause firearm related violence, and to work to find community-based solutions to keep families safe without restricting Americans' rights to 'keep and bear arms.' "

I don't need a community based solution. The community doesn't buy my firearms and ammunition with which I practice my own family's defense.

Response from Barry Loudermilk. Doesnt outright say he will vote against it. Seems to be some political double speak. Was hoping for more. Damn I have to get out of metro Atlanta. I called as well as emailed and referenced hr 1112 as well which isnt addressed.

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about H.R. 8, and universal background checks for firearm purchases. As your representative to the U.S. government, it is very important for me to know your thoughts on issues such as this.

As you may know, H.R. 8 was introduced by Congressman Mike Thompson (D-CA) on January 8, 2019, and was subsequently referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary for further action. This bill would require a background check for every firearm sale. As are most Americans, I am horrified when acts of evil are perpetrated on innocent American citizens. I have personally been a victim of gun violence, as I was shot at multiple times with a semi-automatic rifle at a Congressional baseball practice; and I have been through the horror of witnessing my friends and colleagues struggling for their lives after being wounded. As a gun owner and ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment, I have concerns with any legislation or political maneuvering that seeks to curb crime by taking away law abiding citizens' rights. At the same time, I recognize that the nation needs to have a frank conversation about the underlying factors that cause firearm related violence, and to work to find community-based solutions to keep families safe without restricting Americans' rights to 'keep and bear arms.'

While we must address the issue of violence in this nation, we should focus on the actual source of the violence which, in every case, is the perpetrator of the crime, not the weapon they choose. Furthermore, it is important to keep in mind the scope of the problem we are addressing, as less than one percent of firearms used in crimes were purchased without a background check, and criminals generally do not abide by firearm restrictions and regulations to begin with. As an elected representative of the people, I have taken an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the right to 'keep and bear arms' is clearly specified in the Second Amendment as a protected right of America's citizens. Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind should this bill come to the House floor for a vote.

Again, thank you for taking time to contact me about this important issue. Please feel free to contact me any time through my website at www.loudermilk.house.gov, or by calling one of my offices located in the 11th District and Washington, D.C.

Sincerely,
sig.jpg

Barry Loudermilk
Member of Congress
BL/AP
They also swear an oath to never answer a direct question with a simple "yes" or "no".

I know Tom Graves is 100% against ANYTHING anti 2nd. Spoke with him in person once before and he made that very clear. I wasn't sure about loudermilk so thanks for posting that.

Sincerely,
sig.jpg

Barry Loudermilk
Member of Congress
BL/AP

A lot of dancing and no answer.

Back
Top Bottom