House Bill H.R 8

SO this is coming up for a vote this week or next. Let's just say that it somehow gets through both houses and signed by Trump into law... a long shot, but I wouldn't rule anything out at this point...

Does that pretty much shut this place down? If every purchase or trade has to go through an FFL, will we still be here, but whenever a deal is struck we have to do the meet at a dealer for the paperwork?

SO this is coming up for a vote this week or next. Let's just say that it somehow gets through both houses and signed by Trump into law... a long shot, but I wouldn't rule anything out at this point...

Does that pretty much shut this place down? If every purchase or trade has to go through an FFL, will we still be here, but whenever a deal is struck we have to do the meet at a dealer for the paperwork?
Yes, and probably be subject to a transfer fee. At least that's what they do in California. Add in a waiting period and then you have to make the same trip twice. Zero to do with safety, everything about making law abiding citizens jump through hoops and bury dealers in extra paperwork.

Well, hopefully the Bill doesn't become law. There is no point to it... It's not like gang bangers are suddenly going to start going to dealers and filling out 4473's... But common sense is rarely a factor with these things...

You wouldn't think it would pass, but the reality is that on paper to the casual observer, the proposal sounds plausible... I mean, to the average Joe, does the idea of "all gun purchases require a background check" *sound* like a bad idea?

Not really. Yes, we know that criminals won't care and will ignore the new laws just as they ignore the current ones... But to most people, it probably sounds like a good idea...

There are many, many on this site that would be tickled pink to play "FFL dealer" when they sail a gun to another member.

Well, hopefully the Bill doesn't become law. There is no point to it... It's not like gang bangers are suddenly going to start going to dealers and filling out 4473's... But common sense is rarely a factor with these things...
They don't want a record of gang bangers' transactions. Only yours.

Back
Top Bottom