• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hostess is back!!!

Fat kids rejoice. Hostess is back. The union had a meeting, did the math, and decided that a 100% pay decrease is worse than a 6% decrease. I guess standing your ground loses its luster when its in an unemployment line.

Damn I was just gonna post my 600 boxes of twinkies ........................ Time to start eating I guess

I'm convinced your a closet lib. First gun control, now "fair share"

WTF... I know better than to get into a debate with you. I just get pissed when I hear about thousands of people losing there jobs and pension while the high-ups who most likely missmanaged the company stroll into early retirement. Now stop following me....:peep:

WTF... I know better than to get into a debate with you. I just get pissed when I hear about thousands of people losing there jobs and pension while the high-ups who most likely missmanaged the company stroll into early retirement. Now stop following me....:peep:

So you think someone taking less money would manage it better? Corporate talent is not a readily available skill for many. Additionally, the costs in running a major coporation like that is not just wages, but it is benefits, insurance, taxes, machinery and maintenance. Their pay is not going to keep the company afloat.

I like debate, I try to remain respectful, I'm open to others opinions, don't hold it back.

lets also not forget that Union leaders do very well themselves.

And if it was right to work, they would not have the extra cost of keeping on uneeded and poor labor, they would hire and fire at will and talented workers and productive workers could negotiate their own pay. You can control your own destiny or pay a union to keep you safely in mediocrity.

history has shown that many larger companies bankrupt themselves on purpose, but right before they do, the top exec's steal it blind. This isn't capitalism, this is robbery. And the worst part of it all is they get away with it, leaving the workforce dumbfounded without penisons, broke and jobless. Enron was a classic example.
This may not be the case and I certainly hope that it isn't, but in this day and time, I wouldn't put it past some people.

Back
Top Bottom