• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hornets attack me twice

ChimChim

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
14   0
Reaction score
Getting a privacy fence put around my back yard. This past Monday I had the leaf blower out clearing the line in the wooded area when WHAM, started getting tagged on my right hand and left forearm, 4 stings. Forearm swelled up like Popeye's. Thursday morning the fence crew poured gas down the entrance, lit it and sent those little bastards straight to Hell to my great satisfaction
Fast forward to yesterday, cutting down a few straggler trees when a branch falls from the top hitting me square on the top of my head and knocks my ass out. I fell on a hornets nest and luckily not on my chainsaw
BAM ! BAM ! BAM ! BAM ! BAM ! getting stung again this time on my back, shoulder and upper arm just days after the last attack
I woke up quickly and start running. My wife, 50 yards away is yelling "they're swarming you!!!"
I make it to the back deck, rip off my shirt which still has 4 of those little mother ****ers in it

I finally grew a brain and read up on them. They're extremely aggressive in the fall towards humans
It only took 2 attacks 5 days apart from 2 ground nests 30 yards apart for me to learn to pay attention to what's going on in my own back yard.
I'm a ****ing genius

giphy (1).gif

Getting a privacy fence put around my back yard. This past Monday I had the leaf blower out clearing the line in the wooded area when WHAM, started getting tagged on my right hand and left forearm, 4 stings. Forearm swelled up like Popeye's. Thursday morning the fence crew poured gas down the entrance, lit it and sent those little bastards straight to Hell to my great satisfaction
Fast forward to yesterday, cutting down a few straggler trees when a branch falls from the top hitting me square on the top of my head and knocks my ass out. I fell on a hornets nest and luckily not on my chainsaw
BAM ! BAM ! BAM BAM ! BAM ! getting stung again this time on my back, shoulder and upper arm just days after the last attack
I woke up quickly and start running. My wife, 50 yards away is yelling "they're swarming you!!!"
I make it to the back deck, rip off my shirt which still has 4 of those little mother ****ers in it

I finally grew a brain and read up on them. They're extremely aggressive in the fall towards humans
It only took 2 attacks 5 days apart from 2 ground nests 30 yards apart for me learn to pay attention to what's going on in my own back yard.
I'm a ****ing genius

It could have been worse. My wife has me going through our yard every time she sees a Bee or Hornet in our yard.

BAM ! BAM ! BAM BAM ! BAM ! getting stung again this time on my back, shoulder and upper arm just days after the last attack

It only took 2 attacks 5 days apart from 2 ground nests 30 yards apart for me learn to pay attention to what's going on in my own back yard.
I'm a ****ing genius

Good laugh this fine Sunday morning!! Sorry it was at your expense, but thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom