• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Honestly, who would buy a Ducati?

Its not just Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia and a few more were effected by tank swell. I believe Acerbis was the manufacture of the tanks. When I had my Duc, I started to watch the tank slowly swell and touching my steering dampener more then 1/4in swell in a few months... Sold that sucker right away... If I had the S 2011 + year when they put aluminum tanks on, I would of kept it.... I believe on the ducs, whether it be a monster, 1x98, 848 07-12 have the tank issues.... Ducati solved the problem by replacing swelling tank with smaller plastic tanks, that still swell... haha

this is just a fast google search of Ducati tank swell

http://www.ducati.org/forums/1098-1198/55508-1198s-tank-swelling-again.html
http://www.ducati.org/forums/1098-1198/44118-expanding-gas-tank.html
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=945640
they get excited when ridden!

Nice. Saw it for sale. How bad was the rash on it?

http://www.msrecycle.com/
after some research .I decided to not get OEM new plastics,going to try this place out.
im sending out my plastics and tank this week,should have it back in 4-5 weeks,ill post pics and give a review of this place

OEM panels are ridiculously expensive. Some ass hat here at work bumped my RC in the parking lot and it went over. Of course nobody knows anything about it......
The slider did it's job but still $5500 in damage for broken slider, scratched tank and fairings, the carbon exhaust tip got a scratch and my Sato rear set got a scratch on the peg. Needless to say the insurance company totaled it. Bought her back and now it's being track prepped.

Yep.
People didn't believe me in another thread when I stated that alot of motorcycles could be totaled by simply falling over when they were sitting still

That's the best ones to buy at the auction

Saw a One year old BMW that cost $18K
Sell for $1200 at an auction
Perfectly rideable
Just fell off the kickstand and broke all the craptastic plastic

As to the op original question,

I have owned a bunch of different bikes. Right now I own three kawasaki's. You could even say I am a kawasaki guy. They are great motorcycles but, the true performance machine I own is a Ducati. The difference in feel and quality is mind boggling. I just recently purchased the Ducati. I would not purchase the earlier models because at that stage in my life I could not afford the bike or the service intervals. The new panigales are light years over the older models in regards to reduced need of service, electronics and design. Don't get me wrong, I love the older Ducatis's I just do not have the disposable income to pay the maintenance. I also pride myself on doing most of the wrenching on my bikes. I know my way around a bike. I believe this Ducati will be going back to the dealer for service. Quite frankly I do not have a clue what most of the black boxes are under the tank and fairing. What ever they are, they apparently make it a blast to ride and I pray they just keep doing what ever they are designed to do.

Not to get up on my soap box but, I hear people talk about moto gp racing and say if Ducatis's are good bikes then why isn't the Ducati as fast as the Honda or the yamahas. Moto gp racing is more about volume of sales than the bike. Many dealers just do not have the money to sink millions of dollars in Research and Developement on a friggin brake pad to make it stop faster on a track. Honda and Yamaha do. Do not get me wrong, they are both great bikes however the bikes the professional riders are on have about as much in common with the bike sold in the dealership as the Chevy Malibu you are buying at the dealer has with the nascar race car.

I really enjoy riding and I feel it does not matter what you ride or how much it cost ,just get out there and ride it. It all about the experience and I have found nothing that clears my mind and reduces stress as well as a ride through the mountains. Sure beats siting on a couch paying a therapist 150 bucks an hour. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
OEM panels are ridiculously expensive. Some ass hat here at work bumped my RC in the parking lot and it went over. Of course nobody knows anything about it......
The slider did it's job but still $5500 in damage for broken slider, scratched tank and fairings, the carbon exhaust tip got a scratch and my Sato rear set got a scratch on the peg. Needless to say the insurance company totaled it. Bought her back and now it's being track prepped.

do u by chance want to sell it?????

Back
Top Bottom