• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Honda's Alternator are made of gold

I have my alternators & starters rebuilt locally for under a $100 with a guarantee, surely you can find someone local.......most internal parts are the same regardless of what brand vehicle.

Last edited:
I don't think there is a thing in my dodge dakota that isn't broken right now, but thankfully everything I have to replace is a 15 min job right out in the open. There is something to be said of the simplicity of old vehicles. Mine is a 94 genI V8 with a 5spd. Took the transmission shop 3 tries to get the transmission right.. but they ended up comping me for the labor the second time I had to remove it and reinstall.

Down be overwhelmed by the job. Alternators are not terribly difficult at all to replace. Your bigger hurdle will probably loosening the auto tensioner. If you can find a friend or close member to help, it's maybe a 2-3 hour job and you can probably save yourself close to $500. If you were close, I'd invite ya over this Friday and we could get it knocked out. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I've learned a lot along the way and saved myself a buttload of dough.

I can have mine off my Accord in less than 10 mins. Thats why I keep driving it. I replaced the steering rack yesterday. Nothing to it. Id love to have a new car but I dont forsee that happening in my lifetime lol.

Oh and if you think that alternator is expensive. A clutch for a 2001 Chevy Silverado with a 4.3l and a 5spd transmission.. $500 for just the parts.. I traded the truck in rather then replace the clutch and I loved that truck :lol:

I think the alternator is the least expensive part on my ZR-1. Clutch? $750 just for the parts (not including flywheel).

BUT... import parts are absurd! A freakin oil pressure sending unit for a Honduh was almost $200, one for the Vette is $35! Warranty is the only way I'd own an import.

I just got off the phone with dealership. To replace the alternator and battery in my wife's Honda Odyssey is going to cost $925 for factory parts or $745 for after market. Anyone needing a clean smoke free kidney?
To have it towed to a local shop and have it replaced was going to end up about the same price. This week is killing me.
So are a lot of their part. Just had to buy a new computer, have it programed for the car and key.

Get a new napa power alternator with a LLW and be done. Theyre new alternators are a pretty good product. Honda aint gonna give you a warranty like that. 90 days at best. And an interstate or duralast battery.
Not true year warranty at dealer parts and labor

Btw autozone crap battery's sucks !!!!

I wouldn't suggest that to my worst enemy

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with dealership. To replace the alternator and battery in my wife's Honda Odyssey is going to cost $925 for factory parts or $745 for after market. Anyone needing a clean smoke free kidney?
To have it towed to a local shop and have it replaced was going to end up about the same price. This week is killing me.
What model honda?

I may be able to help on sourcing parts, could help with labor too, but not sure if I would have time after work to do so..

Back
Top Bottom