• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Honda's Alternator are made of gold

Gordylew

Firefighter Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
191   0
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with dealership. To replace the alternator and battery in my wife's Honda Odyssey is going to cost $925 for factory parts or $745 for after market. Anyone needing a clean smoke free kidney?
To have it towed to a local shop and have it replaced was going to end up about the same price. This week is killing me.

If it were my vehicle I may try to fix it myself. But being the wife's I would rather someone else hear the brunt when something doesn't go as planned. Plus after having to have it towed, buying the parts, going back to Napa for the correct parts, going back and having to buy some specialized tool, smashing my knuckles to bloody pulp in 97 degree temps. I say %$#@ that noise!

Buy a new battery and alternator from Napa, Autozone, etc and then install the battery yourself, drive to the local shop and just pay them to install the alternator. You may not even need a new battery have them charge your old one first for free and buy the alternator.

Get a new napa power alternator with a LLW and be done. Theyre new alternators are a pretty good product. Honda aint gonna give you a warranty like that. 90 days at best. And an interstate or duralast battery.

Buy a new battery and alternator from Napa, Autozone, etc and then install the battery yourself, drive to the local shop and just pay them to install the alternator. You may not even need a new battery have them charge your old one first for free and buy the alternator.

Most of what you pay for is disassembling half of the F'ing engine compartment to get at the alternator. Which is only a 15 minute job by itself.

Back
Top Bottom