• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Honda's Alternator are made of gold

I went ahead and let the "stealership" do it. The problem was logistics. She broke down in Mcdonough and it was towed to the Honda dealer there. To have it towed to Thomaston was going to be another $100-150. The Alternator was over $300 itself. Wasn't going to come out cheap any way I cut it. I called a buddy that's a great mechanic and he said you have to get to the alternator from the bottom due to the AC lines. Sounded like a job again left to the more mechanically inclined.

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with dealership. To replace the alternator and battery in my wife's Honda Odyssey is going to cost $925 for factory parts or $745 for after market. Anyone needing a clean smoke free kidney?
To have it towed to a local shop and have it replaced was going to end up about the same price. This week is killing me.

Theres your problem right there.

If I remember correctly you must remove the cv shaft to get it out, labor is about 3 hours, trouble is most of the time it is ONLY the battery. Haven't replaced an alternator in one yet.
5 years old and needed an alternator!!!!!!! I doubt it

Last edited:
Autozone alternators suck. That's what's in my truck now. At night with my lights on, all my lights dim when i roll up my window.

If you didn't have to roll them up and down every 10 mins to let the blunt smoke out and throw your empty beer bottles in the ditch you wouldn't have that problem :p

Back
Top Bottom