home made tumbler

okie2

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
I found a thread about a guy built his own tumbler with a lot of pictures.
then I registered to join this site now I can not find that thread again can some one direct me to it please?

Not sure what thread you're referring to.

See below for pictures of mine. The thread I found most helpful is on ar15.com called 'how I built my own rotary tumbler' posted by member 'biggdawg.'

My photos:

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

What kind of motor did you use and how much do you have in the whole setup?

Here is the info tag on the motor:

IMG_0554.JPG

I wound up spending quite a bit when you include the costs of the 6" PVC pipe and fittings I had to buy new to use to build the drums. In just the frame as pictured, I used square tubing, hardware, and welding machine gas and wire that I already had. Motor, bearings, shafts, pulleys I spent around $150 on. Motor and bearings both came from Ebay. Belt, pulleys and shafts from Grainger. The black coating on the shafts is heater hose that I had sitting around.

I spent probably another $100 on the drums and use 10lbs of media in the large drum and 5lbs in the small.

It's a pricey setup, but capacity is way bigger than the Thumlers that guys like, and I am very much happy with the wet tumbling process.

For me, a must have tool is some sort of media separator. I use the smaller of the two that Dillon sells.

Back
Top Bottom