• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home hot bluing job,that works great with factory results

Sounds good, have you tried it? If so, could you show us some pictures? I've been using cold blue and it's a royal pain in the butt.

Sounds dangerous.
also I wonder what the effects if any of the drain cleaner on the rifling would be?

I wonder if one of the neighbors called the cops if they would know the difference between this setup and a meth lab?

lol on meth lab,my buddy has done 2 guns this way and have friends on another forum who also had great results,i was abit scared try it too,but after seeing the results,no cold-bluing chemical can do what this does.(i have tried many)Any-who ill see about snapping some photos next time out his way. Another thing we noticed is the metal was only lightly oiled with rem gun oil and was set up for 3days untouched and no sign of rust trying to form anywhere,and you all know how rust likes to sneak up after a good cold blue job.

I'm still not sure about the effects of Drano on a rifle. I know cast iron is softer than steel and the soak time is not nearly as long but I have seen drain cleaner eat right through through cast iron pipe. It may be OK but it just leaves me wondering about the effect on the rifling
Looks good

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom