• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

hogs hogs and more hogs

Wild pigs are similiar in taste to farm raised pig with a slight gamey after taste. I smoke the meat at 165deg for 18-24 hours, with a generous helping of spices, garlic, etc. Smoke them in a aluminum pan that will collect the fat as it turns to liquid and after 6 hours or so, cover the meat so it doesnt dry out.
Ribs, shoulders, butt, back strap, all good eating.

The left overs can taste a bit more gamey than when its right out of the smoker. My entire neighborhood shows up when I start smokin.

As far as cleaning them, just make sure you got all the dirt off the meat, there is a lot of germs in dirt, but as long as you've cooked it over 165, you wil have killed any bacteria or germs. Hair wont hurt you, but your guests wont appreciate it, so get all the stray hog hairs off.

I have a couple hunks of meat in the freezer from 300ACC Hog hunter if you want to try out your smoking skills, I will trade for some decent beer, or a handle of rum.

I aint too big on freezin meat. but i appreciate the offer and advice. i really just want to hunt when deer arent in season.we have a little distance between us but i plan to set something up in my neighborhood here pretty soon in terms of a shin dig, ill let the odt know when its happening but im gonna shoot for around havin something around the fourth. cant thinnk of anything better than meetin some new people ans washin down some good pork with some suds

Any one in GA need a couple more shooter. My gang is itching for new hog blasting land. Would love to hook up with some other GA or East AL hog shooters...

We are all well trained, well equipped and only lacking enough target rich environments to keep us satisfied...

Mostly NV gear, getting into thermal. PVS-14's, PVS-22's, one shooter has a T-50, I'm close to a T-70... 5.56's 308's and 300blk's suppressors, And we are quite proficient...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom