Hog Huntin

If it was up to me you could come kill all the ones we have on our farm down in central Georgia (right adjacent to Beaverdamn WMA), but it is up to dad. However I will broach the subject with him and see what he thinks. Especially if you are shooting suppressed waepons at night and if we can get the guy from Guyton to come grab them and take them to his church. (I'm about two hours west of Guyton).

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_12_27_utequzy8.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_12_27_3upebujy.jpg

Sweet Kills man!

If it was up to me you could come kill all the ones we have on our farm down in central Georgia (right adjacent to Beaverdamn WMA), but it is up to dad. However I will broach the subject with him and see what he thinks. Especially if you are shooting suppressed waepons at night and if we can get the guy from Guyton to come grab them and take them to his church. (I'm about two hours west of Guyton).
Sounds awesome man, Thanks!

Being a complete and total novice to most of the technology and the terminology used, I have some questions. I see a lot of pics of guys holding those evil black rifles. So a 5.56 will take down a wild hog? Or would you recommend something heavier? On the NV sights do you need an illuminator? or do they work like the old starlight scopes? or is thermal better? which is more expensive? See so much info and not enough time and too lazy to google.

Being a complete and total novice to most of the technology and the terminology used, I have some questions. I see a lot of pics of guys holding those evil black rifles. So a 5.56 will take down a wild hog? Or would you recommend something heavier? On the NV sights do you need an illuminator? or do they work like the old starlight scopes? or is thermal better? which is more expensive? See so much info and not enough time and too lazy to google.
AR15 tend to be the hog choice gun. 556 will take care of them if shots placed right. 300blk and 308 is the next choice ar15. I like the 556, gives it a challenge! Night vision, depends in the generation you get and depending on how bright the moon is that night, you might not need a illuminator. All depends on how much ambient light there is! A lot of people use illuminators anyways to get clear view. Thermal is way more expensive but unless you're spending top dollar, thermal device would be useless unless you're out to kill whomever and whatever. Identification with night vision is 100x better. If you spend top dollar thermal, you MIGHT beable to identify your victim but likely, you will still need night vision to get clear exact ID. So depending on your needs, thermal might be better, night vision might be better. Depends on your purpose of the night. I like to have night vision scope and thermal for scouting.

Back
Top Bottom