• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who’s wanting to go on a Hog hunt (4 legged)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why Ill have my .22 Conversion BCG with Mags in. I am also going to bring my Marlin 17 HMR as well.

.223 is absolutely legal for hogs just not during Squirrel season. And it doesn't say anything about "Rimfire however, it specifies caliber. See below:

Firearms section. (Scroll down)​

Large Game
  • DEER & BEAR​

• Modern Rifles and Handguns: Centerfire only, .22-cal. or larger with expanding bullets. There is no restriction on magazine capacity for rifles.
    • Shotguns: 20-gauge or larger loaded with slugs or buckshot.
    • Muzzleloaders: .30-cal. or larger, or muzzleloading shotguns 20 gauge or larger. Scopes are legal.
    • Air Guns: Any air rifle of at least .30 caliber or air bow utilizing unignited compressed gas or air is legal during primitive weapons and firearms seasons.
Small Game
  • Rifles and Handguns: Any .22-cal. or smaller rimfire, air rifle, or any muzzleloading firearm. For fox & bobcat, centerfire firearms of .17 caliber and larger may be used. There is no restriction on magazine capacity for rifles.
    • Shotguns: Any having shot shell size 3.5 inches or smaller in length with No. 2 or smaller shot.
    • Shotguns (Waterfowl): Any 10-gauge or smaller loaded with federally approved nontoxic shot of size “F” or smaller. Lead shot may not be in possession while hunting waterfowl.
  • And as always (The regs) <------ Linked for Ease of use and posted in the OP for everyone's Situational Awareness.
Respectfully
Chris
Read your post more carefully.

"Small Game
  • Rifles and Handguns: Any .22-cal. or smaller rimfire"

Read your post more carefully.

"Small Game
  • Rifles and Handguns: Any .22-cal. or smaller rimfire"
Thats why Ill have my .22 Conversion BCG with Mags in. I am also going to bring my Marlin 17 HMR as well.

.223 is absolutely legal for hogs just not during Squirrel season. And it doesn't say anything about "Rimfire however, it specifies caliber. See below:

Bro.... Reference Post Number 19! This proves you didn't read my POst. Get off this page.......... How are you a Mod????????

Then why did you write, "And it doesn't say anything about "Rimfire"?
It specifies
Small Game
  • Rifles and Handguns: Any .22-cal. or smaller rimfire, air rifle, or any muzzleloading firearm
I overlooked the rimfire verbiage as I was focused on the Cal comment. It is all legal. Stop with the comments unless they are to help folks. I'm done with you and this BS! Folks coming in a thread to muddy water (cause confusion/ doubt) doesn't help anyone.

:peace:

Respectfully
Chris

It specifies
Small Game
  • Rifles and Handguns: Any .22-cal. or smaller rimfire, air rifle, or any muzzleloading firearm
I overlook the rimfire verbiage asI was focused on the Cal comment. It is all legal. Stop with the comments unless they are to help folks. I'm done with you and this BS! Folks coming in a thread to muddy water (cause confusion/ doubt) doesn't help anyone.

Respectfully
Chris
This is a conversation that comes up every year and every year what weapons are legal to use for hog on public land during small game season has to be clarified because people are confused about it.

Saying rimfire is not mentioned in the regs is what muddied the water. Me clarifying the reg is helping folks. Stop taking it so personally.

This is a conversation that comes up every year and every year what weapons are legal to use for hog on public land during small game season has to be clarified because people are confused about it.

Saying rimfire is not mentioned in the regs is what muddied the water. Me clarifying the reg is helping folks. Stop taking it so personally.
I don't understand why its a conversation... It is all in the Regs.

It specifies
Small Game
I overlook the rimfire verbiage asI was focused on the Cal comment. It is all legal. Stop with the comments unless they are to help folks. I'm done with you and this BS! Folks coming in a thread to muddy water (cause confusion/ doubt) doesn't help anyone.

Respectfully
Chris
Seriously? He was trying to help keep people from getting ticketed. If anything you muddied the waters with "overlook the rimfire verbiage as I was focused on the cal comment..." You can take whatever you want, hell you can interpret the regs however you want. Run whatever BCG you want but the way I read it, I would be using a .22 cal rimfire or a muzzleloader of any caliber. FWIW I wouldn't even have a standard BCG or .223 round on my person, but that's just me. I understand you have a .22LR conversion BCG that you'll bring "anyways", but when you say stuff like...
Technically, a .223 is a .22 round:) Squirrel is in season:) I will bring my .22 conversion BCG anyways. The bullet measures .224 for a .22 cal, .223 cl and a 5.56 cal.
It definitely doesn't clear things up for everyone.

Seriously? He was trying to help keep people from getting ticketed. If anything you muddied the waters with "overlook the rimfire verbiage as I was focused on the cal comment..." You can take whatever you want, hell you can interpret the regs however you want. Run whatever BCG you want but the way I read it, I would be using a .22 cal rimfire or a muzzleloader of any caliber. FWIW I wouldn't even have a standard BCG or .223 round on my person, but that's just me. I understand you have a .22LR conversion BCG that you'll bring "anyways", but when you say stuff like...

It definitely doesn't clear things up for everyone.
For those that can't read a reg, maybe they should call their local Game warden. They will be happy to answer questions and clarify things.

For those that need their website: GA Game Warden
For those that need their number for quick access: 770-918-6408
Regional Offices: GA Game Warden Regional Offices

LED%20Regions%20-%20map%20only.png

Region 1 - Acworth

Captain James McLaughlin, Region Supervisor
781 Red Top Mountain Rd, SE, Acworth, GA, 30102
770-529-2424

Region 2 - Gainesville

Captain Derek Dillard, Region Supervisor
2150 Dawsonville Hwy, Gainesville, GA 30501
770-535-5499

Region 3 – Thomson

Captain Doyte Chaffin, Region Supervisor
142 Bob Kirk Rd., NW, Thomson, GA 30824
706-595-4211

Region 4 – Metter

Captain Bob Lynn, Region Supervisor
360 Cedar Street, Metter, GA 30439
912-685-2145

Region 5 – Albany

Captain Rick Sellars, Region Supervisor
1700 Radium Springs Road, Albany, GA 31705
229-430-4252

Region 6 – Brunswick

Captain Chris Hodge, Region Supervisor
One Conservation Way, Suite 201, Brunswick, GA 31520-8687
912-264-7237

Always good to have a hard copy of regs in the truck in case cell service is sparse or nonexistent or technology dies.

For those that can't read a reg, maybe they should call their local Game warden. They will be happy to answer questions and clarify things.

For those that need their website: GA Game Warden
For those that need their number for quick access: 770-918-6408
Regional Offices: GA Game Warden Regional Offices

LED%20Regions%20-%20map%20only.png

Region 1 - Acworth

Captain James McLaughlin, Region Supervisor
781 Red Top Mountain Rd, SE, Acworth, GA, 30102
770-529-2424

Region 2 - Gainesville

Captain Derek Dillard, Region Supervisor
2150 Dawsonville Hwy, Gainesville, GA 30501
770-535-5499

Region 3 – Thomson

Captain Doyte Chaffin, Region Supervisor
142 Bob Kirk Rd., NW, Thomson, GA 30824
706-595-4211

Region 4 – Metter

Captain Bob Lynn, Region Supervisor
360 Cedar Street, Metter, GA 30439
912-685-2145

Region 5 – Albany

Captain Rick Sellars, Region Supervisor
1700 Radium Springs Road, Albany, GA 31705
229-430-4252

Region 6 – Brunswick

Captain Chris Hodge, Region Supervisor
One Conservation Way, Suite 201, Brunswick, GA 31520-8687
912-264-7237
Ego won't let you own it, huh. Just remember, it was a non issue until you made it one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom