Hit 80 MPH today :)

source.gif

Old school cool. Probably an off shore Black max on an Allison. She starts getting squirrely after about 70 or so. Lol Keeps your partner alert. These boats were the deal in the old blast-off tournaments. Ive eaten more than one roost from similar rigs. Cool boat

Old school cool. Probably an off shore Black max on an Allison. She starts getting squirrely after about 70 or so. Lol Keeps your partner alert. These boats were the deal in the old blast-off tournaments. Ive eaten more than one roost from similar rigs. Cool boat

Your on the right track. It’s 92 Allison XTB with a built mariner. 225 pro max power head that’s been worked on a little. She’s quick. There’s more speed there but I’m still learning to drive with that much boat out of the water.

Its really more like flying lol Trim is everything. 80 is getting pretty close to the edge already. Ive heard rumor of low 90s, but I wouldn’t lol
Beware of wind and wakes obviously. I bet it sounds cool. They were always worked on, and sometimes you could smell racing fumes. It was more about the boat race than the fishing to some guys.

Its really more like flying lol Trim is everything. 80 is getting pretty close to the edge already. Ive heard rumor of low 90s, but I wouldn’t lol
Beware of wind and wakes obviously. I bet it sounds cool. They were always worked on, and sometimes you could smell racing fumes. It was more about the boat race than the fishing to some guys.
Trim is a game of minor adjustments. Just a bit to much trim in this shot. This boat might run low 90s if all the fishin gear is out and with the right prop. I’m not the right pilot for that yet. I need way more seat time. Today was the first day I have been able to keep her balanced on pad at these speeds since I’ve owned her. It’s a blast!!
667BF46C-33D4-4050-AF88-C664E7EBF82C.jpeg

I love watching the Boats drag race. Some of them hit a wave wrong and literally explode. Most of the stupid fast ones have a safety capsule built around the cockpit.

Id do it too, but on someone else’s dime. Makes car racing look cheap.

I love watching the Boats drag race. Some of them hit a wave wrong and literally explode. Most of the stupid fast ones have a safety capsule built around the cockpit.

Id do it too, but on someone else’s dime. Makes car racing look cheap.
My boat mechanic is a drag racer. Those things are awesome!!! The top fuel boats are absolutely outrageous!!!

Back
Top Bottom