• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hisense Dehumidifier- Look at what their Customer Service told me to do!

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
I picked up a Hisense dehumidifier a few days ago because it was the ONLY brand I could find at Lowes. I opted to use a water hose for a continual gravitational feed, as stated in their manual. After hooking up the hose, the unit still drained into the bucket and turned off after 12 hours or so. There is nothing in the manual that says to flip a switch or similar to have it drain through the hose or anything remotely close to it.

So I call up their CS line. After speaking with 2 separate people going off of their instructions- unplug/plug in, hold for 30 sec., etc., the last person told me to tilt the unit to the right so it will drain. I restated what their manual says which is- Place on a flat even surface. They disregarded what I told them and repeated to lift one side up.

Well, this unit will stay in my garage until a name brand replaces it this weekend.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210820_135449.jpg
    thumbnail_20210820_135449.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 221
Yeah, I had to prop up one side on one of those too. On another one, I had to duct-tape shut the place that drained into the bucket to make it drain out the hose.

Assinine... but they all suck. I learned a decade ago to buy the extended warranty and expect to replace every two years. Ain't a one of them available Amazon/Home Depot/Lowes/Wal-Mart worth a damn.

Seems like I found the name of a pro brand last year, but have probably lost it. Something that would last for many years-- like the 40 year old ones at my friends' parents house. They have two from 1980; the plastic is discolored from the fluorescent lights in their basement. Still chugging along. I want one like THAT; to hell with "Energy Star" and such foolishness.

Incidentally, HiSense repair was on Satellite Blvd, between Old Peachtree and McGinnis Ferry, as I recall. Somewhere around Suwanee. Been a couple of years though.

If someone knows a reliable brand, I'd love to be wrong.

I've got a clear tube to the drain and have never had a 'gunk' problem in the hose. I've had at least 5 dehumidifiers in my basement in the last 10 years and they INVARIABLY just quit dehumidifying. Several brands, several types - all crap. They either freeze up because the freon charge is low (or too high - fat chance) or they just sit there and run the fan. Best advice? Forget those max quart capacity jobs and HOSE DRAIN them. You're just paying for a bigger bucket you won't use. And then be prepared to spend about $200 bucks every two years. Haven't seen one yet last over that...

Back
Top Bottom