• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High school reunions…who goes to them?

Went to the last one about a year ago...it was number 40. Had a really good time. Hadn't been to one since 20.

I had a GREAT time in HS. Close circle of friends. Going to the arcade after school on Friday. Football games were a lot of fun to hang out. Our team won the state championship when I was a senior and my folks let me roadtrip to the out of town games with friends.

We snuck a car into the homecoming parade. Principal didn't like that too much.

Almost died how many times?

Working on cars with buddies. Washing them on Saturday afternoon and then go cruising that night.

Wow, what a different time it was.

Went to the last one about a year ago...it was number 40. Had a really good time. Hadn't been to one since 20.

I had a GREAT time in HS. Close circle of friends. Going to the arcade after school on Friday. Football games were a lot of fun to hang out. Our team won the state championship when I was a senior and my folks let me roadtrip to the out of town games with friends.

We snuck a car into the homecoming parade. Principal didn't like that too much.

Almost died how many times?

Working on cars with buddies. Washing them on Saturday afternoon and then go cruising that night.

Wow, what a different time it was.
Ditto. I'd go back in a minute! Especially if I could retain what I know now....

Been to two in the last 45 years. The next will be the 50th reunion. I don't feel a burning desire to go. I wasn't from the one of the main feeder elementary schools. I was a skinny, four-eyed kid who was mercilessly bullied my first three years. The summer between my sophomore and junior years, I went through a growth spurt and got contacts. Changed everything. But I can't forget the bullies and snobs. I keep in touch with the people I care about. The rest, meh.

giphy (27).gif

Back
Top Bottom