• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Henry Ruggs III plea deal

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
If he gets out of this with only a few years and a big ass fine then that just shows what a joke our justice system has turned into. We got good balls in the internet who are looking at 40 plus years over a stupid piece of metal and this dude literally destroyed lives and he gets off Scott free?

If he gets out of this with only a few years and a big ass fine then that just shows what a joke our justice system has turned into. We got good balls in the internet who are looking at 40 plus years over a stupid piece of metal and this dude literally destroyed lives and he gets off Scott free?

Not defending him, but he's not getting off scot-free.

Lost his job.
Lost his career (his rookie contract had another $7 million in compensation, and could have been tens of millions more in the future).
Certainly will face civil suits, if not already facing them.
Probably lost or will lose all the wealth he had at the time of the crime (ballpark $9 million of his initial contract).
Min 3 years, maybe as much as 10 years in prision.
Long term probation if he's released before the full sentence is served.
Felon...forever.
Who knows what kind of family consequences?

That's a hefty of penalty by most measures. Is it fair, in comparison to what the young woman he killed lost? Fair in comparison to what her family lost?

The math on that is inexact.

prayers for both sides,my first instinct was to kill ruggs.after farther though,probably nothing we didn’t do,and luckily tragedy was not the outcome.i know I really done some real stupid stuff as a teen and young aldult.

While it's true that he did and will pay a price. And it's true that he did lose a lot of money and social perks. Fame and fortune so to speak. I believe that the punishment he will recieve is nothing compared to the horror that he inflicted due to his stupidity. And perhaps he will go to prison for 10 years and justice will be served and I'm wrong on all of it. But it just doesn't seem like the punishment is fitting the crime. Especially since he will likely be out in a few years and back in the NFL within 5.

While it's true that he did and will pay a price. And it's true that he did lose a lot of money and social perks. Fame and fortune so to speak. I believe that the punishment he will recieve is nothing compared to the horror that he inflicted due to his stupidity. And perhaps he will go to prison for 10 years and justice will be served and I'm wrong on all of it. But it just doesn't seem like the punishment is fitting the crime. Especially since he will likely be out in a few years and back in the NFL within 5.

I seriously doubt he will ever play pro football again. The Raiders, not known for their high ethical standards, cut him as soon as the investigation made clear what he did. It's doubtful a state penitientary will improve his character, although that does sometimes happen.

He is a talented football player, but not at a level where any team is going to invite him to drag them through the mud of negative media that would accompany him. He'll be almost thirty if he gets out in five years. That's already on the downside for speedy NFL receivers.

He killed a woman and ruined his own, bright future with a really bad choice. Poster child for teaching kids that bad choices can have awful consequences.

Not defending him, but he's not getting off scot-free.

Lost his job.
Lost his career (his rookie contract had another $7 million in compensation, and could have been tens of millions more in the future).
Certainly will face civil suits, if not already facing them.
Probably lost or will lose all the wealth he had at the time of the crime (ballpark $9 million of his initial contract).
Min 3 years, maybe as much as 10 years in prision.
Long term probation if he's released before the full sentence is served.
Felon...forever.
Who knows what kind of family consequences?

That's a hefty of penalty by most measures. Is it fair, in comparison to what the young woman he killed lost? Fair in comparison to what her family lost?

The math on that is inexact.
These days that’s a big sentence. Hose a house kill a few people gets a few years at best. Sad as helll.

Back
Top Bottom