• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HELP! Why will my brass not stay shiny????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ziplock heavy is better so the brass does not puncture it. I use Lyman green corn cob and walnut to clean then after sizing I use strait Zilla lizard litter walnut (super fine) this takes off live as well as cleans the primmer pockets without getting stuck in the flash hole. This residue seems to help it stay dry in the ziplock.

Here is pic of what mine looks like.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

NuFinish is da bomb! Keeps my brass shiny for months/years.

Word of advice to those using the Lyman green corncob: don't mix NuFinish or other polishing compound with the media. It will gum up your tumbler and brass.

Last edited:
I use the NuFinish and it does a great job with corncob media. My bubby and I split a huge bag of corncob media that we bought at one of the Tool Stores. Ordered it at the store and had it delivered to the store for pickup. It was alot cheaper than buying cornbob from Walmart or Reloading Stores. I can't remember the store but it wasn't Harbor Freight.

I use the fine walnut from Harbor Freight, its something like 20 dollars for a 20 pound box

The really nasty pistol cases I have some corn cob that I got at a pet store .... its big and knocks the junk off em quick. DONT use it on bottle neck cases though,m it likes to get stuck in the case then you gotta pick it out and its a royal pain in the arse.

but I keep 2 or 3 different buckets of walnut going the more its used the darker it gets.

People seem to be more concerned with the ammo's appearance now?

I imagine several of the older guys remember the days before,... when we lubed them, loaded them, and shot them as they were?

I reckon I like mine relatively clean, but shiny ain't something I strive for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom