• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help me NFA Gurus .300BLK vs 5.56 suppressed SBRs

Do you know for a fact what it is metering at?
Next time you get to the range turn your truck radio down until you can barely hear what's playing. Shoot a few hundred rounds with your rifle without ear pro and see if you can still hear the radio when you leave. Should give you an idea if it's hearing safe of not.

Meter schmeter, 5.56 is not hearing safe. All those shots you take without ear pro are cumulative. Not to mention gunshot dB are completely different than say a police siren dB..but whatever, go deaf what do I care. However for you to act so cavalier is fine but spewing nonsense about hey it's ok my ears aren't ringing is......irresponsible.

No, I dont...and neither do you. What I do know for a fact though is that a rifle with a bigger can and longer barrel than your metered above 140. As I have said from the beginning, I don't doubt that your perception is that it "isn't that bad," but to advocate it as "hearing safe" is irresponsible.

Next time you get to the range turn your truck radio down until you can barely hear what's playing. Shoot a few hundred rounds with your rifle without ear pro and see if you can still hear the radio when you leave. Should give you an idea if it's hearing safe of not.
Meter schmeter, 5.56 is not hearing safe. All those shots you take without ear pro are cumulative. Not to mention gunshot dB are completely different than say a police siren dB..but whatever, go deaf what do I care. However for you to act so cavalier is fine but spewing nonsense about hey it's ok my ears aren't ringing is......irresponsible.
In case you mussed it, I didn't claim it to be "hearing safe" , this is what I said.
Calebp came up today and did a little shooting with me. We both agreed that 5.56 throughy mini grunt on a 10.5" SBR was easier on the ears than 150gr supersonic 300 BLK out of an 8.5" barrel and my AAC Cyclone. I would bet he buys a mini grunt in the next 6 months.

No, I dont...and neither do you. What I do know for a fact though is that a rifle with a bigger can and longer barrel than your metered above 140. As I have said from the beginning, I don't doubt that your perception is that it "isn't that bad," but to advocate it as "hearing safe" is irresponsible.
See the post right under yours.

In case you mussed it, I didn't claim it to be "hearing safe" , this is what I said.

In case you missed it, this is what you said:

The mini grunt is a great SBR can. Another member has one on his 10.5" as well and he agrees it is hearing safe. Lax has shot it as has other members. No ringing. .

Back
Top Bottom