• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help a couple of kids

Mission Accomplished!!!!

WOW! ODT REALLY came thru.

2 little girls are now going to have a GREAT Christmas.

Withing hours of this getting posted you folks came thru. And, over the top. As neighbors, we can be expected to want to reach out and help. But you guys don't know this family at all. And, yet your response was overwhelming, to put it mildly. In fact- the responses just kept coming in until I had to tell folks we had enough. That was an awesome feeling.

They now have a tree and decorations, with a some presents already under it. Kids are excited.

My wife spent the morning wrapping all the other gifts that you gave. (And let me say- these are quality gifts.) We just got back from dropping "Santa" off. Mom almost cried.

She thought her kids were going to have nothing, and a bunch of strangers (to her) made sure that did not happen. Tomorrow morning- these kids will have a tree filled with presents (I think 8-9 each). And, yes- Mom is taken care of, as well. She has a little something from Santa she can open with the kids and some $$ for groceries, etc.

I am proud to even be associated with you folks. Actions like this remind us of what this season is REALLY about. But, also- it re-emphasizes the character and ideals of folks like you. Hollywood and the loonies can say all they want about old-fashioned ethics and values- but I will take you guys over anyone they could put forth any time.

I will not name all you guys (and gals) here- because I don't think you would want it. You didn't do this to be recognized. You did because you cared. But, you all know who you are. And, you can all go to bed tonight knowing that you did something really good.

Merry Christmas and God Bless you all.

Mission Accomplished!!!!

WOW! ODT REALLY came thru.

2 little girls are now going to have a GREAT Christmas.

Withing hours of this getting posted you folks came thru. And, over the top. As neighbors, we can be expected to want to reach out and help. But you guys don't know this family at all. And, yet your response was overwhelming, to put it mildly. In fact- the responses just kept coming in until I had to tell folks we had enough. That was an awesome feeling.

They now have a tree and decorations, with a some presents already under it. Kids are excited.

My wife spent the morning wrapping all the other gifts that you gave. (And let me say- these are quality gifts.) We just got back from dropping "Santa" off. Mom almost cried.

She thought her kids were going to have nothing, and a bunch of strangers (to her) made sure that did not happen. Tomorrow morning- these kids will have a tree filled with presents (I think 8-9 each). And, yes- Mom is taken care of, as well. She has a little something from Santa she can open with the kids and some $$ for groceries, etc.

I am proud to even be associated with you folks. Actions like this remind us of what this season is REALLY about. But, also- it re-emphasizes the character and ideals of folks like you. Hollywood and the loonies can say all they want about old-fashioned ethics and values- but I will take you guys over anyone they could put forth any time.

I will not name all you guys (and gals) here- because I don't think you would want it. You didn't do this to be recognized. You did because you cared. But, you all know who you are. And, you can all go to bed tonight knowing that you did something really good.

Merry Christmas and God Bless you all.
Just finding this thread and really happy to read it. God bless all involved! There are some top notch folks here no doubt... :nod:

Just found the thread. Thank you Jesus for letting us celebrate your birth by giving to those in need as you did for us. You can't out give God, it will be returned in like kind and when you least expect it. God bless you who where able to give and Merry Christmas

Back
Top Bottom