• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hello and Questions from South Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Tec looks like a coated DC9. Tecs are not known for reliability and are really just for fun and collecting (I have a soft spot for 80s/90s ghetto guns :P). As far as the slide being stuck they use a strange safety. Given that the guy you got it from likes to leave random ammo in them be sure to point it away from anything you care about. Try pulling the cocking handle out/away from the firearm and see if it pops out a little bit. If it does pull it straight back toward the grip and see 1) if it moves and 2) pull it back all the way to make sure the chamber is clear. Tecs need to be CLEAN. I had to polish both my AB10 and Tec22 to get them to feed reliably. I have a DC9 too that worked at about 90% and I haven't cleaned it since I got it last week. I am by no means an expert but I can try to help!

Oh, I like that faux can :D

That Tec looks like a coated DC9. Tecs are not known for reliability and are really just for fun and collecting (I have a soft spot for 80s/90s ghetto guns :P). As far as the slide being stuck they use a strange safety. Given that the guy you got it from likes to leave random ammo in them be sure to point it away from anything you care about. Try pulling the cocking handle out/away from the firearm and see if it pops out a little bit. If it does pull it straight back toward the grip and see 1) if it moves and 2) pull it back all the way to make sure the chamber is clear. Tecs need to be CLEAN. I had to polish both my AB10 and Tec22 to get them to feed reliably. I have a DC9 too that worked at about 90% and I haven't cleaned it since I got it last week. I am by no means an expert but I can try to help!

Oh, I like that faux can :D

Thanks for the advice! Any and all advice is appreciated. Good to know somebody out there actually likes those things. I'll actually take the time to fiddle with that thing over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom