Hello and Questions from South Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyWadd

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
21   0
Reaction score
Been lurking and figured it was finally time to speak up. Let me start by saying that I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to firearms. I've been shooting all my life with my father who taught me proper safety and cleaning procedures, but haven't gone much further down the rabbit hole. I got my concealed weapons permit a few years back and then promptly forgot about it. Recent changes in my life have allowed for this hobby to actually flourish, and now I have lots of questions. First, I bought a group of guns off a friend in a bad place and have had some issues with them.

First is this Mauser. Don't know what it is or what to do with it. It looks like it's been "sporterized" or whatever. No sights or anything like that. Only markings say "Mauser Modelo Argentino 1909 - Deutsche Waffen-UND - Munitionsfabriken Berlin" on the other side of the barrel it says "L4814" twice. Not really any other markings. I have to say, though, that the action on this rifle is smoother than anything else I've ever felt. Sorry for the horrible cell phone pics

i762.photobucket.com_albums_xx265_scrappy352_2012_02_12182536.jpg

i762.photobucket.com_albums_xx265_scrappy352_2012_02_12182647.jpg

i762.photobucket.com_albums_xx265_scrappy352_2012_02_12182557.jpg

i762.photobucket.com_albums_xx265_scrappy352_2012_02_12182615.jpg

Any ideas on what I can do with this? I'm not even sure what ammo it eats. Never really dealt with scopes or anything like that so I'm not sure how to proceed with it.

Next, is this Llama .45. Cleaned it up real good and attempted to shoot it. It failed to properly feed ammo on the first couple rounds, actually fired maybe 4 times, and then the clip fell right out of the bottom of the gun before I could pull the trigger again. Again, not sure what to do with it. I know it's not worth a whole lot, so I don't really feel like selling it. Would just like to make it a safe, reliable firearm.

i762.photobucket.com_albums_xx265_scrappy352_2011_04_09181157.jpg

Also found this tech-9 in the lot with the rest of the guns. I was told by the totally unreliable owner that it would not fire for various reasons, and I pursued it no further. Is this thing a paperweight? I don't really know, and haven't done any research on it. The "slide" I guess, does seem to be jammed. Keep in mind that these guns came from a lot where the black powder rifle that was with them was loaded with a .45 slug and cap in place and forgotten about for years, so needless to say the guy was not too bright.

i762.photobucket.com_albums_xx265_scrappy352_2011_04_08152512_1.jpg

Anyways, any thoughts, ideas, comments, whatever are appreciated. I have a ton more questions, but I'll save them for another long-winded post. Just looking to bounce some ideas off you folks as none of my friends are gun enthusiasts. Thanks, and glad to be here!

Well, welcome to the forum.

If the barrel does not say what the caliber of the Mauser is, take it to a smith and he will be able to tell you.
Mount a scope on it and shoot away.

Same thing with the other two, take them to a smith and have him look at them.

Welcome to the trader! The Modelo 1909 was originally chambered for 7.65x54, but many were re-barreled to different calibers. It would make a good hunting rifle.

Welcome neighbor, don't know the answer to any any of your questions...but nice to see another fellow Roman on here.
Someone will chime in to offer some advice on your firearms though.
Actually they did while I was posting apparently.

Welcome.

I am sorry I am not much help without holding the firearms in my hand. I can only advise that you find your local gunsmith.

Again Welcome to the ODT, I am sure someone with more knowledge than I will be along in a moment.

Welcome to the trader. Happy to have you with us. I'm sure someone here can help with your questions. I like the llama. Pull up a chair and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom