• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hakim 8mm, the good made great.

Shrek926

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
152   0
Reaction score
Full disclosure, this rifle belongs to Nonliberal and had a few failures causing him to question it's reliability.

Now, I sat and stared at this really unique work of art in steel and wood. Aluminum and plastic just doesn't hold the beauty for me and I was excited that Nonlib entrusted me with curing its ailment. I have owned a Hakim in the past and was a bit surprised at the failures. So, after a complete tear down I found something odd, uneven wear. Guess the Egyptians aren't the greatest in metallurgy, and like many other firearms shooting surplus ammo corrosion is an issue.
image.jpg

So, after refitting and a little Ogre-izing. It was ready to test, video to follow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Awesome! I have wanted to love that rifle because of the potential for badassedness but a jam every couple of rounds is a bummer. Thanks Shrek, I appreciate it. Now do we send it off for nickel boron? The whole damn thing...

Apparently, the Egyptians are bad at a number of things - metallurgy and government topping the list.

Awesome! I have wanted to love that rifle because of the potential for badassedness but a jam every couple of rounds is a bummer. Thanks Shrek, I appreciate it. Now do we send it off for nickel boron? The whole damn thing...

It really is a badass... Although not shooting for one hole, my wife kept it under an inch

... Which is what she is use to. :D

Back
Top Bottom