• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gutter Guard recommendation?

I went with the solid 'Reverse Curve' type because I have loads of pine needles to consider. All the mesh screen things I tried would get loaded with needles sticking through the screen. Had the solid put up 12 years ago and never had to touch my gutters since. Yes they may miss some runoff during heavy GA rainstorms, but work great 99% of the time. Cost is high, think over $10 per/ft . They were installed by an independent contractor, he's moved on to other pastures by now, so I have no one to recommend. Cost assume your gutters and downspouts are in good enough condition to support the installation.

I learned a hard expensive lesson with repairs to the wood , boards , bands etc behind poorly maintained gutters filled with pine needles , leaves and muck. I tell anyone that will listen to take the gutters down until you have the trees cut down that drop the leaves /pine needles on your house. In my case, the gutters created way more problems than they ever solved.
I'm starting to think I need to take mine down. Too many pine trees and I'm constantly up there cleaning them out.

Back
Top Bottom