• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gutter Guard recommendation?

Whatever you do, stay far away from Leaf Filter. I worked for a gutter company for a bit and we replaced as much or more of that garbage as we did the cheap crap from home depot.

I could recommend the company I worked for and their product, but that's not an inexpensive option.

Ha.....a few months ago we had Aqua Guard come out for an estimate on raising a small cement slab. They also do gutters so we had a quote on that also. Our gutters are fine, thought we might need an upgrade on the existing gutter guards we have. Quote was $8900 for new gutters, guards, downspouts, etc. We had been to the home show and had some info from other companies so we had 2 more quotes. The most fun one was when the guy came out, measured and we sat down. Asking us how much we thought it would be we did not answer. He gives us the paperwork showing about $20k! then he starts with the discounts for this and that and ended up around 9K, and this was just for gutter toppers lol. Ironically he does this part time and owns a used car lot, makes sense. We chose to stick with our existing toppers as they are working fine but if I was to change I would have gone with Aqua Guard I guess. One of those 2 additional quotes was Leaf Filter, both additional quotes were in the 8k-9k range just for toppers.

Ha.....a few months ago we had Aqua Guard come out for an estimate on raising a small cement slab. They also do gutters so we had a quote on that also. Our gutters are fine, thought we might need an upgrade on the existing gutter guards we have. Quote was $8900 for new gutters, guards, downspouts, etc. We had been to the home show and had some info from other companies so we had 2 more quotes. The most fun one was when the guy came out, measured and we sat down. Asking us how much we thought it would be we did not answer. He gives us the paperwork showing about $20k! then he starts with the discounts for this and that and ended up around 9K, and this was just for gutter toppers lol. Ironically he does this part time and owns a used car lot, makes sense. We chose to stick with our existing toppers as they are working fine but if I was to change I would have gone with Aqua Guard I guess. One of those 2 additional quotes was Leaf Filter, both additional quotes were in the 8k-9k range just for toppers.

Thats sounds a bit ridiculous. How many linear feet of gutter is on your house?

Interesting...never heard of it before.
Ours have been in for a little over a year now. No more clogged downspout and no spillover or repairing the gutters due to the weight of the water that used to sit in the gutters. Cheap option to give a try before paying into actual gutter guards.

Back
Top Bottom