Guns n' Roses APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION turns 30 YEARS OLD today

I hate to disappoint you man, but yeah I still listen to all the old hair bands. I never stopped listening to them.

Back when I was in high school in the 90's all my buddies gave me hell because they were listening to Nirvana and Offspring and all the popular stuff at the time and I'd come rolling into the school parking lot in my 83' Toyota pickup blasting some Poison or Warrant.
Nothing wrong with SOME of the hair bands. I still dig about half the Whitesnake tunes. Same with Skid Row, In fact my son borrowed my best of Skid row CD about 5 years ago. I'm good with most Tesla especially What You Give. i paid money to see Bon Jovi in the Omni in 87. Cinderella opened and did a much better job. I didn't give two ****s about Bon Jovi back then but all the head chicks i was after did. I actually dig several Cinderella tunes and their last album title had a really telling title. "Long Cold Winter" I lost my Ratt and Roll (Best Of) CD when I sold my broke down Trooper. I really dig that early Ratt.
Now as for Warrant and Poison... Warrant only had one good song and it was Uncle Tom's Cabin. Poison pretty much sucked start to finish. but their guitar player was good and was in the Lemmy documentary in several places. So he gets a pass.
Nirvana...Please God NO! Offspring... Sure they had a good sense of humor.

How could I forget Rockin' with Dokken? Their drummer Mickey Dee went on to be the Motorhead drummer and a damn good one. Any drummer that can keep up on "Overkill" is damn good.
George Lynch is a badass guitar player. If I could play the solo for this one or "In My Dreams" I would drive my neighbors crazy like Tommy Chong did in Cheech and Chong's Next Movie.

Here's one you have to be a Crue fan to remember. The radio aint gonna play the good ****.
BTW these guys have a pretty good biography. Instead of a lot of he said she said finger pointing like the Van Halen fiasco everyone got equal input and shared equal blame in Motley Crue.

Here's one you have to be a Crue fan to remember. The radio aint gonna play the good ****.
BTW these guys have a pretty good biography. Instead of a lot of he said she said finger pointing like the Van Halen fiasco everyone got equal input and shared equal blame in Motley Crue.
My first rock concert was them touring this album opening for Ozzy at the Omni when i was in the tenth grade.

Back
Top Bottom