Guns n' Roses APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION turns 30 YEARS OLD today

BangBang

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
57   0
Reaction score
Wow, has it really been THIRTY YEARS?!

Yep!

"Appetite for Destruction is the debut studio album by American hard rock band Guns N' Roses. It was released on July 21, 1987, by Geffen Records to massive commercial success. It topped the Billboard 200 and became the best-selling debut album as well as the 11th best-selling album in the United States. With about 30 million copies sold worldwide, it is also one of the best-selling records ever. Although critics were ambivalent toward the album when it was first released, Appetite for Destruction has since received retrospective acclaim and been viewed as one of the greatest albums of all time."

IMG_0635.JPG

TRACK LIST:

IMG_0640.jpg

The original (real) Guns n' Roses lineup:

IMG_0638.JPG

Son of a bitch..... Man now I feel old. Thanks for ruining my day.

I also felt old when we were riding in the car and heard about when Micheal Jackson died, and my son from the back of the van goes "who's that"
I'm no Micheal Jackson fan but he was definitely an icon of my time.

Son of a *****..... Man now I feel old. Thanks for ruining my day.

I also felt old when we were riding in the car and heard about when Micheal Jackson died, and my son from the back of the van goes "who's that"
I'm no Micheal Jackson fan but he was definitely an icon of my time.
I'm telling you man, it's hard to believe the album is 30 years old! It was one of my favorite CASSETTES in my collection. LOL

I was telling my daughter awhile back how good she has it with the internet. She can pull up any song she wants to hear and listen to it for free.

We had to actually LEAVE THE HOUSE and go to a record store and PAY MONEY for the music we wanted to listen to. We also had to buy an entire album, even if we just wanted one song, unless you got lucky and that song had been released as a single.

This album was all over the place in 87 when I took my senior trip to Panama City,good times:thumb: One of the best albums of alltime!!!
It's one of the few albums that I can just start on track one and listen to the whole thing start to finish.

There's not a bad song on the whole album.

I'm telling you man, it's hard to believe the album is 30 years old! It was one of my favorite CASSETTES in my collection. LOL

I was telling my daughter awhile back how good she has it with the internet. She can pull up any song she wants to hear and listen to it for free.

We had to actually LEAVE THE HOUSE and go to a record store and PAY MONEY for the music we wanted to listen to. We also had to buy an entire album, even if we just wanted one song, unless you got lucky and that song had been released as a single.

I did the buy 15 cd's for 15 cents then buy one a year for the next million years or that's what it felt like. I had a pile of cd's.

You ought to watch the defiant ones on HBO. Never been a rap person and it mainly focuses on Dr.dre. But I enjoyed watching it, it focused on the music and the record labels of that time

Back
Top Bottom