• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun snobs are tiring

I like Caniks. Sold my Glocks. No regrets. To each his own.
3BDB742F-8B8F-4295-A51D-50688D06967A.jpeg

Where did the Op go? Tried to open up a can of worms that he knows absolutely nothing about and disappeared. At least have some examples when you start bad mouthing a product. Generally statements with nothing to base it on shows that you don't know what you are really talking about.

Where did the Op go? Tried to open up a can of worms that he knows absolutely nothing about and disappeared. At least have some examples when you start bad mouthing a product. Generally statements with nothing to base it on shows that you don't know what you are really talking about.
Two things
knowledge of thread subject content not required for ODT comments and is frequently discouraged,
and,
the guilty dog barks first.

I have less expensive ARs because I shoot them only a few times each year and the accuracy is about as well as I am able to shoot them anyway. Parts are readily available and generally easy to fix.

I invest in better quality shotguns because I shoot them several times teach month. Some of the inexpensive Turkish made shotguns are fine if shooting a few hundred rounds each year, but do not last if shooting thousands of rounds each year.

Why argue? Let them spin their wheels in the mud of their own misery. Like what you like and that's it. If they feel superior because they got the last word in, then let them have it. Miserable pricks usually die sooner anyways due to stress and high blood pressure. And it's not like those better guns are going to be buried with them.

I'm poor, I'm not a snob, I like cheap guns, I don't own anything stupid expensive, but I understand some brands have a high failure rate, some brands have poor quality control.

I'm talking Taurus, kel-tec, bear creek arsenal. If I **** on these brands in a thread, it's not because I'm some snob hobbyist. I work on guns everyday. I get phone calls from people with these brands every week.

The Taurus G2 or whatever that piece of garbage is being called now days is a good example. People online have ONE and they love their ONE Taurus G2 because they've shot 10,000 rounds through it with no issues. But in the past 5 years that's the one I get the most calls about. And no, I can't tell you exactly what's wrong with them because I don't work on them. Taurus does have a good warranty and I just tell them to send it back to Taurus.

My phone doesn't ring with people looking for someone to fix their Glocks. It's usually Taurus, keltec, or some lesser known off brands. It just is what it is.

Nobody wastes time/money fixing a Glock.
Just throw ‘em away and buy another.
More money is wasted on Glocks than any brand out there, I can promise you that. People will spend $1500 on a Glock just to have a less reliable gun than they started with. See that all the time too.

I own at least a dozen Glocks. I shoot 5 or more in a match. The only issue that I have ever had with one is the ammo.
Crappy ammo is the root cause of most gun issues.
If you have a worn out Glock and want to throw it away, I will be happy to help you dispose off it.

Back
Top Bottom