• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun rights for all........

kimberlover

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
5   0
Reaction score
So if you can’t legally get a gun because you are by statute prohibited from possessing one, that’s unconstitutional, and they can’t prosecute you for carrying/possessing/discharging it illegally.

But if you are a citizen in say California where the state statutes by law, prohibit law abiding citizens from carrying/possessing/discharging in protection of their lives and the lives of loved ones, THATS OK! There is a process in California to get a license. The reality is that unless you are politically connected the process will take years and at every step, looking for any excuse for a denial. The application process is part of the punishment.

Exactly the opposite of what it should be.

How about no... I'm not free to have my forearm (firearm* leaving the typo, cause its funny.) when going to Mexico, or anywhere else.

I'm also not thrilled with constitutional carry, only because I don't think most will attempt to learn what constitutes as acceptable lethal force, and more so, so many Mexican carries and NDs.

There are certain Constitutional rights that we enjoy as American citizens, such as the second amendment. This is so because we usually have been born here or have become citizens after several years of residence, and have the tax records to prove that we are making positive contributions to the economy. These rights should not be immediately available to every immigrant just because they came to live in this country recently, whether or not they came legally or more important, illegally.

Not saying that these folks should be denied the right to self protection, but until our government knows more about them and can be reasonably certain that their intentions to become "Americans" are honorable.

Considering that our government currently has no idea how many of the 8 million or more illegals that were welcomed by the Biden administration are here with good intentions, then they should be required to spend a period of time before being allowed to enjoy some of the privileges, (like voting), that are available to American citizens.

There are going to be more incidents like the one with Heriberto Carbajal-Flores, and it will be interesting to hear the back story as to how he got the firearm, and from whom. My guess is that it will fit the basic profile he has already established for himself - "illegal".

Is there anyone in government or law that understands, or more important, is prepared to use some common sense?

There are certain Constitutional rights that we enjoy as American citizens, such as the second amendment. This is so because we usually have been born here or have become citizens after several years of residence, and have the tax records to prove that we are making positive contributions to the economy. These rights should not be immediately available to every immigrant just because they came to live in this country recently, whether or not they came legally or more important, illegally.

Not saying that these folks should be denied the right to self protection, but until our government knows more about them and can be reasonably certain that their intentions to become "Americans" are honorable.

Considering that our government currently has no idea how many of the 8 million or more illegals that were welcomed by the Biden administration are here with good intentions, then they should be required to spend a period of time before being allowed to enjoy some of the privileges, (like voting), that are available to American citizens.

There are going to be more incidents like the one with Heriberto Carbajal-Flores, and it will be interesting to hear the back story as to how he got the firearm, and from whom. My guess is that it will fit the basic profile he has already established for himself - "illegal".

Is there anyone in government or law that understands, or more important, is prepared to use some common sense?
Sounds like government overreach. Do you believe your rights or God-given or government given? If God-given, what business does the government have in telling you or anyone whether or not you can own a gun?

Back
Top Bottom