• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun cleaning and restoration experts please take a look

Darn sure no sandpaper. That looks like a brushed finish. without knowing what type of metal and finish that is I'd darn sure be wary of chemicals. I'd probably start with a soft rag like blue denim and some penetrating oil and rub it vigorously.
I'd do lots of research before starting.
Good luck
^^^What he said^^^
You only get one shot.

Well I ended up calling browning today. I have to say they have one of the bet customer service people in the business from what they told me the problem would most likely be covered under warranty. So I am either going to send it to them and have the issue fixed or thinking about trading it as I dont use it as much as some of my others. Thanks though for the help I did try some cleaners on it with no luck.

Well I ended up calling browning today. I have to say they have one of the bet customer service people in the business from what they told me the problem would most likely be covered under warranty. So I am either going to send it to them and have the issue fixed or thinking about trading it as I dont use it as much as some of my others. Thanks though for the help I did try some cleaners on it with no luck.
Have them fix or replace it before you trade it!

Alright so I took my cynergy out of the safe today for the first time in a while. This is what I found! Anyone know a way to improve or fix this issue. It has the silver receiver.

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_10_02_2135b52034c2eb947870b44aba1eeba0.jpg

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_10_02_a69b649bd4f265518a6a206f2996038e.jpg

Thanks in advance guys!
I think it would be best to let Browning take care of it. The silver nitride is very difficult to work with as you will see in the link below. Good Luck!
http://www.finishing.com/529/66.shtml

Reactions: JHW
Before ever trying any of this **** above grab a pencil eraser and just rub it for a while it will take the rust off with out damage to the gun !! i have never done it on the silver finish but it works good on blued guns ..

I'd try gun oil and a stiff rag. I use old blue jean rags. I wouldn't take a chance on anything else. Remember any value you have will be lost with a refinish, value is higher with some patina than a beautifully refinished gun.

One trick I tried on my Ithaca 37 rust spots is to coat the spots in oil and let it sit a while (10-15 minutes to a couple days :) ). take an older penny like at least from the 70's (copper is the thing) and rub the edge on the spots one at a time. Wipe it down and see what's left. I'd test it on the inner portion of the action to be sure it doesn't just scuff off the silver, but it didn't cut through the bluing even after getting vigorous with the penny.

Back
Top Bottom