• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Growing up in the '60s and '70s...

I still keep a half dozen or so 2 liter Coke bottles in the freezer for road trips.

I keep an OJ bottle full of water in the fridge - don't work outside like I used to, but when I come in, I want a drink of cold water NOW, not in the two minutes it takes the fancy spigot in the fridge door to fill a glass. My SO makes fun of me because I can't wait, I offer her the opportunity to work in the yard in 90 degree heat for 3 or 4 hours, she declines.

The OP really brings back memories. That was at home, and exactly how football practice was carried out. Then after practice, we would take a handful of salt tablets. I still don't understand why we all haven't stroked out from that.
I hear that! When we were doing soccer practice if we did something wrong or the coach was in a pissy attitude we had to run to a big tree out in a open field. It was one tree surround by acres and acres of open fields. The last one to make it back you had to do it again. I never hated a tree so much in my ever loving life. It would be hot in August when we started and I don't see how we made it through myself. Hours and hours of nothing but running . No breaks. The only break we would get from playing the game was running to that GD tree. Baseball on the other hand I loved it. At least we had a idle moment between every now and then. That was in the late 70's.

In also remember seeing Barracudas driving around I vowed to get one. I did in 88. A medium blue with white stripe. It was a 74 Cuda' ,360. After I got done tinkering with that car I never got beat. The new Mustangs tried to get a piece and I beat the brakes off those cars. The late 60's and early 70's produced some bad ass road machines. Oh how I miss those cars.

Back
Top Bottom