• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Growing up in the '60s and '70s...

look like they should be selling copies of The Great Speckled Bird on Peachtree
an
213831757_1046149772859170_6670009447235060087_n.jpg
K and LC, love the bell bottom hip huggers! I wore them back in the day. Happy trails and may God bless America.

We drank from the creek more than from the hose ;)
Only water at my Mamaw & Papaws house was drawn up out of a hand dug well on a slope east of the old farm house. Just north of that well was a root cellar where they kept veggies.
My dad would go down in that well and get sand out every once in a while.
They got runnin water around 78 or 79 when the well got to sandy to use anymore. Didnt have a bathroom or a washer & dryer till the late 80s.

YUP

How many people on here now have a pussified family that doesn't drink tap water? :lemo:

View attachment 3368872

I just went bicycle riding with a 33-year-old guy who has owned a bicycle of some sort for almost every year of his life since he was 12 years old, and you know that he's never used a bicycle pump until today?!?!.

Why? The pussification of America, and growing up in a single-parent household led by the mother with no father around.
How can you own a bicycle and not own a bicycle pump? Well, because in the past whenever his bike tires were soft his mom would load the bicycle into the back of her SUV and drive him to the bicycle store and have a professional technician inflate the tires to the recommended pressure!

In the 60's I played or went to the drive-in movies with my honey and we played games there. In the 70's they cut my hair, gave me a uniform and said "throw bullets at the bad guy", and I found that wasn't that much of a fun game. I also had hippies spitting at me in the airport and calling me bad names. I let that go at the time. I don't want to play those silly games anymore.

I just went bicycle riding with a 33-year-old guy who has owned a bicycle of some sort for almost every year of his life since he was 12 years old, and you know that he's never used a bicycle pump until today?!?!.

Why? The pussification of America, and growing up in a single-parent household led by the mother with no father around.
How can you own a bicycle and not own a bicycle pump? Well, because in the past whenever his bike tires were soft his mom would load the bicycle into the back of her SUV and drive him to the bicycle store and have a professional technician inflate the tires to the recommended pressure!
:doh::eek::doh:

I prefer tap water, the only time I use bottled water is when I am packing a cooler for a trip. My wife has a friend that will not drink anything but Dasani water.
I still keep a half dozen or so 2 liter Coke bottles in the freezer for road trips.

I keep an OJ bottle full of water in the fridge - don't work outside like I used to, but when I come in, I want a drink of cold water NOW, not in the two minutes it takes the fancy spigot in the fridge door to fill a glass. My SO makes fun of me because I can't wait, I offer her the opportunity to work in the yard in 90 degree heat for 3 or 4 hours, she declines.

The OP really brings back memories. That was at home, and exactly how football practice was carried out. Then after practice, we would take a handful of salt tablets. I still don't understand why we all haven't stroked out from that.

Back
Top Bottom