• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grip Stipple Project - Here goes nothing!

Truegiant

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
13   0
Reaction score
I have been browsing online for a while on who I could send me STI pistols to for grip modification. I have looked and looked and after doing some research I found that alot of people just use a soldering iron. I thought to myself there is no way in hell I am taking a $10 soldering iron to 2 pistols that cost me more than $3,000. I remembered that I had some old blackhawk serpa paddle attachments that I never used and that they were of similair material. I figured what they hell and I would try and see what it looked like. After about 10 minutes playing around with it I somewhat got the hang of it. I am by no means a professional but believe in function over form.

I wanted to give it a try on my S&W Bodyguard first. I did a couple of incospecious areas first to see how it would actually turn out. Then I got ballsy and just started edging in all the detail areas. I did not sand off the factory stipple or logos and those areas did not turn out perfect. Overall the entire gun took me about 2.5 hours and saved me about $100. That will work for me!

I took the laser unit out to ensure I did not slip and bump it!

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc75_truegiant_IMAG0475.jpg

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc75_truegiant_IMAG0477.jpg

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc75_truegiant_IMAG0478.jpg

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc75_truegiant_IMAG0479.jpg

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc75_truegiant_IMAG0480.jpg

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc75_truegiant_IMAG0481.jpg

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc75_truegiant_IMAG0482.jpg

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc75_truegiant_IMAG0483.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good! I am one of the few fans of stippling. It's amazing how addictive it is when you do it, it's hard to stop with just a couple small areas!

Good job on that, I wouldn't do it to mine but now its YOURS!

For the record, does any particular music help with "stippling"? I've seen some jobs that looked like they were listening to George Jones (for those of you who know that he will play drunk if he shows at all)

Last edited:
A gun is a tool, the op made his tool easier to apply for his purpose obviously a ccw. I have done a few of mine and i will say you did a great job! You added 50 bucks to the value in my opinion

It really is not that hard. Bring by a case of beer and I will do it for you! I do not have the patience for all the crazy detail and design as others do. I just needed more grip!

Back
Top Bottom