• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Great Sleeping Pad for Hiking?

albatros43

Default rank 5000+ posts
Jackwagon
176   0
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a great sleeping pad for hiking? I have the Big Agnes Double Z and just don't like it. To me the 100% air mattresses just don't feel natural. I have the wide-long version of it, and while it's plenty big it's just not my thing. I think a foam/aim mattress might be more my speed.

Oh, and if someone would like a great price on the Double Z, let me know. It's only been used 3 times and is in perfect condition.

For what it's worth, I ordered a new sleeping bag that has a slot for the sleeping pad to prevent you from falling off your pad. Worse case maybe that will make the Double Z feel better to me.

I use the REI self inflating pads, I think I have the 1.5 or 2.0 inch, I love it but it is not great for weight savings on longer trips. I prefer the self inflating for car camping...

Back when I did a bunch of camping, I used an open cell self-inflating pad. It had a small screw type valve that you opened up when you unrolled it. The open cell foam would then inflate to about an inch thick. Then you close the valve. To deflate, open the valve and roll it up and then close the valve. I don't remember what brand it was - probably Thermarest. You can get them for varying prices. Mine also came with a nylon bag with some straps. You could fold the ends of the mat into the open ends of the nylon and then attach the straps and it made a seat with a backrest.

Its called the ground! God provides all you need in the wild for you to survive.

All this your talking about is luxuries

Back
Top Bottom