• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Grease Gun

I assume there was a good bit of work done inside it to convert it to closed bolt semi only fire. These are definitely relics and instantly recognizable. Although I think I'd rather have a Reising in semi converted to use grease gun mags.

Not as much as you would think. There are semi auto sten kits that convert it from open bolt automatic to closed bolt semi. Just do the same thing on this platform .

Not as much as you would think. There are semi auto sten kits that convert it from open bolt automatic to closed bolt semi. Just do the same thing on this platform .
Yeah I get what you're saying here. I have an old Shotgun News issue where a guy built a Stem semi closed bolt. But it goes back to that Why SBR thread from a week or so ago. More than one person including me commented that some weapons just don't look right when they are built in their non NFA configuration. Like semi Uzi carbines. And the Stem or for that matter one of these M3s just won't look right without SBRing it.
The Reusing got a bad rep and supposedly everyone hated them. But I liked the simplicity and I'm almost certain that both the full auto and the semi only were closed bolt guns. So it seems that building Reusing semi only carbines would be an easier project to take on. I'd love to build one cause I love 45ACP , pistol caliber carbines and I'm more of a wood and steel kinda guy. And I really think it would be a great improvement to rework the Reusing mag housing s to use the M3:mags. M3 and Stem mags are still plentiful and cheap.

Yeah I get what you're saying here. I have an old Shotgun News issue where a guy built a Stem semi closed bolt. But it goes back to that Why SBR thread from a week or so ago. More than one person including me commented that some weapons just don't look right when they are built in their non NFA configuration. Like semi Uzi carbines. And the Stem or for that matter one of these M3s just won't look right without SBRing it.
The Reusing got a bad rep and supposedly everyone hated them. But I liked the simplicity and I'm almost certain that both the full auto and the semi only were closed bolt guns. So it seems that building Reusing semi only carbines would be an easier project to take on. I'd love to build one cause I love 45ACP , pistol caliber carbines and I'm more of a wood and steel kinda guy. And I really think it would be a great improvement to rework the Reusing mag housing s to use the M3:mags. M3 and Stem mags are still plentiful and cheap.
It's a niche thing. Sure guns like the uzi and the sten are more practical in full auto but they are still fun to shoot and are useful. The sten and the uzi have selectors for semi auto.

It's a niche thing. Sure guns like the uzi and the sten are more practical in full auto but they are still fun to shoot and are useful. The sten and the uzi have selectors for semi auto.
Well I can't afford to play at the NFA table. If I could I'd probably buy a Sten. They can still be had halfway reasonable and they have a manageable rate of fire. But my fist MG pick if I could would be a Norell 10\22. To me that's the mist practical for fun MG shooting. But I've read where one of his trigger packs is worth about $12K.

Well I can't afford to play at the NFA table. If I could I'd probably buy a Sten. They can still be had halfway reasonable and they have a manageable rate of fire. But my fist MG pick if I could would be a Norell 10\22. To me that's the mist practical for fun MG shooting. But I've read where one of his trigger packs is worth about $12K.

I hear ya. I always wanted a machine gun and chose the sten for its simplicity and ease of finding parts. I have two full parts kits. Plus repairing a sten can be done by a 13 year old .

Back
Top Bottom