• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got the old percolator out from the back of the cabinet and made some coffee

I got tired of my instant coffee so me and my brother got out the old percolator, cleaned it up and made some coffee, wow it’s stronger than I’am use to, I have the caffeine jitters after two cups. I usually drink coffee all day but the instant coffee doesn’t seem to bother me with caffeine. What’s your favorite way to make coffee?View attachment 4159668
We have at least one of them around here but I can't remember the last time we used it. But I'm sure it would be better than instant coffee.

We have at least one of them around here but I can't remember the last time we used it. But I'm sure it would be better than instant coffee.
Yeah I just got tired of the regular coffee makers they would get dirty after awhile no matter how much you cleaned them, I had 3-4 sitting in the basement, that’s when I went to taster choice and a electric water kettle

Yeah I just got tired of the regular coffee makers they would get dirty after awhile no matter how much you cleaned them, I had 3-4 sitting in the basement, that’s when I went to taster choice and a electric water kettle
Oh yeah I know it. I prepare the coffee maker at home AND at work. So everyday I scrub the pot out and it still looks dirty. I do the vinegar clean probably every other month. But still there is something not right. I actually thought of using bottled water but I don't think that's the issue.

Oh yeah I know it. I prepare the coffee maker at home AND at work. So everyday I scrub the pot out and it still looks dirty. I do the vinegar clean probably every other month. But still there is something not right. I actually thought of using bottled water but I don't think that's the issue.
Funny story I used to make coffee in the morning at home and take a cup for the drive from Marietta to Alpharetta, got stuck in traffic on 285 at the river, then it hit, coffee loosened a log, I thought I was gonna have to drop trou on the side of the highway, I could just imagine a traffic helicopter overhead recording me squatting, then a cop pulls up, tasers me, I roll down the hill covered in poop duck running with my pants down all on WSB-TV live, but I held it to the next exit and that’s when i stopped drinking coffee on the way to work

Funny story I used to make coffee in the morning at home and take a cup for the drive from Marietta to Alpharetta, got stuck in traffic on 285 at the river, then it hit, coffee loosened a log, I thought I was gonna have to drop trou on the side of the highway, I could just imagine a traffic helicopter overhead recording me squatting, then a cop pulls up, tasers me I roll down the hill covers in poop duck running with my pants down all on WSB-TV live, but I held it to the next exit and that’s when to stopped drinking coffee on the way to work
I had a similar experience on St Simons when we lived on the coast. In fact there may be a really old thread about it. Anyway we were at one of the beaches where the Coast Guard station was and I was waist deep in the water when it hit me. Full on emergency. Got back to the parking area and the restrooms were not working. I had to drive my wet ass about a mile away to the next restrooms. It was SO close I would rather not remember it.

I love mine…inherited my mom’s, aunt’s and grandmother’s after they passed… all old and all have outlasted multiple Kuerigs.

Attachments

• C60954DF-71AA-4EE6-A9B3-E1FC744C5D7E.jpeg
    C60954DF-71AA-4EE6-A9B3-E1FC744C5D7E.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom