• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

GOT DRAWN FOR PIEDMONT & BOND SWAMP!

Have several spots scouted out at Piedmont so you have somewhere to go after you find someone parked at the first few. And make sure you understand and follow all the rules. The Fed wardens are a little more aggressive than GA DNR.

No help on Bond Swamp. The spongy ground weirds me out.

Piedmont NWR used to be an annual hunt for my friends and I. We always put in for the first hunt, which took place in Late October. I shot a buck there every year that I went and could have tagged out with smaller bucks and does. There are some really big deer there, scout and you shouldn’t have an issue finding a good spot. Los of road access makes it easy to get walked in on by others, so choose a spot wisely.
We hunted Bond Swamp alot too. Most of that was pig hunting, but I did attend one of the quota deer hunts. That place will flood in no time at all, so watch the weather. There used to be tons of pigs and some really, really big ones to boot!
I doubt that has changed much. Just find the cane patches that you can only see a few yards into, thats where they hide. Chances are the deer will be in there too.

Bill the rut is around last week of October in that area.bond swamp full of hogs.stay legal dealing with the feds they looking for something to write a ticket.

I will be headed to Piedmont in the morning with my brother and son as the 1st hunt is Thursday thru Saturday.
I haven't been in a few years so may ride down there today to look around. It's only 20 minutes from the house.
Remember , Do not tag your deer as these do not count toward your state total. They will issue you a special tag when you check your deer in.
Feel free to give up your secret honey hole. :D

Back
Top Bottom